Photography - Photoshop

JohnM20 replied on 01/02/2017 11:19

Posted on 01/02/2017 11:19

I have version 5 of Adobe Photoshop Elements that I got with my camera and used it quite happily for several years. However, I have thought about up-dating this to the latest version (I think they are up to version 15). My question is "is there sufficient difference between versions 5 and 15 to make it worth paying out £70.00?" Some reviews that I have read suggest the latest versions are just full of gimmicks and guides which aren't particularly useful so users have switched them off.

Is there anyone out there that uses later versions (not necessarily version 15) and has an opinion?

EJB986 replied on 01/02/2017 11:39

Posted on 01/02/2017 11:39

I started with version 2 then upgraded to 5 and have used it ever since and still find it more than OK for my requirements.

If you post on the Elements forum they will give you all the details....however beware as some of the members have each new version every year!

Most leave the older versions on their PCs for various reasons.

It's not a really busy forum these days but the few stalwarts are excellent:-

http://photoshopelementsandmore.com/

Metheven replied on 01/02/2017 12:10

Posted on 01/02/2017 12:10

I have v14.1 coming from v8 after having a new computer last year. Without typing out the differences which can be googled, it is a completely different beast from my version of 7 years ago. I bought it  primarily for the album use and better tagging, sorting and viewing it offered but the editing has moved forwards in leaps and bounds.

Definitely worth upgrading from a version years previous but not worthwhile annually.

PCWorld still advertising at £49.99 for v15

JohnM20 replied on 03/02/2017 12:14

Posted on 03/02/2017 12:14

Thanks for your replies. I thought Amazon would have been the cheapest source of v15 but PC World is definitely a lot cheaper. Thanks for the heads up on this DaveFL2.

dmiller555 replied on 04/02/2017 10:18

Posted on 04/02/2017 10:18

I haven't looked but check that the cheaper offers are not just upgrades because these normally only work over a couple of versions.

You may be unaware that you can download the latest version on a 30 day trial to see if you like it. After that you can buy the cheapest offer you can find because you only need the serial number to enter.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook