What have you seen

Oneputt replied on 13/12/2016 07:48

Posted on 13/12/2016 07:48

I can't see the original sticky so will start a new thread.  Saw nearly 30,000 knot on Breydon Water yesterday.  Great weekend at Minsmere, Otter, Kingfishers, Bitterns, lots of Marsh Harriers

greylag replied on 13/06/2018 16:28

Posted on 12/06/2018 09:15 by Bluemalaga

Hi GL

We seem to have the same issues although my kit has been back to Canon a few times, no improvement on the focusing front. When in focus they are very sharp but nowhere near often enough. I would be very interested in the outcome, both what Canon say and how you find the camera after investigation. I spent a couple of hours with our local Peregrines yesterday and most of the time the camera failed to focus at all on the bird and not one sharp one to show.

Posted on 13/06/2018 16:28

BM

120 mile round trip and camera is in for repair/service.

Very helpful chap listened and although he thought my vole shots were sharp, I disagreed.  So....he is going to strip/clean/check all of the internal screws ect.  Replace the USM motor in the lens, the locking friction strip and check out the camera....there is an internal measurement that needs to be checked (free).

He gave me some tips for better performance, which I will try out once I get it back.

He gave me confidence that he knows what he is talking about,

We will see.

Bluemalaga replied on 13/06/2018 17:32

Posted on 13/06/2018 16:28 by greylag

BM

120 mile round trip and camera is in for repair/service.

Very helpful chap listened and although he thought my vole shots were sharp, I disagreed.  So....he is going to strip/clean/check all of the internal screws ect.  Replace the USM motor in the lens, the locking friction strip and check out the camera....there is an internal measurement that needs to be checked (free).

He gave me some tips for better performance, which I will try out once I get it back.

He gave me confidence that he knows what he is talking about,

We will see.

Posted on 13/06/2018 17:32

Fingers crossed GL. Took out my old 1D for a comparison today. only 10mp but hoping focus is better.

Wherenext replied on 13/06/2018 19:03

Posted on 13/06/2018 19:03

Had a nice walk in the hilly vineyards above Rudesheim today and glad to see Rock Bunting, Cirl Bunting and Melodious Warbler amongst others. Also saw 3 Night Herons flying to one of the wooded islands in the Rhine.

greylag replied on 14/06/2018 10:49

Posted on 14/06/2018 10:49

They said...week to 10 days.  Resigned to 10 days.

I need it for the harriers, but no good if I can't read the tags.

Oneputt replied on 16/06/2018 09:16

Posted on 16/06/2018 09:16

Its been great fun watching the adult Goldfinches trying to encourage the young onto the feeders.  Its taken a while for the young to master the art of balance but now one or two are flying directly to the feeder perches.

Takethedogalong replied on 16/06/2018 11:53

Posted on 16/06/2018 11:53

We saw our little Goldcrest yesterday! Elusive but regular visitor, such gorgeous tiny little birds! 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook