Springwatch 2023

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 03/06/2023 12:04

Posted on 03/06/2023 12:04

I wasn’t holding him(AH) up as a ‘freedom for Badgers’ activist just for his honesty. You & your contempories do what you do, I disagree with it but that’s as far as it goes. I doubt if ‘we’ includes you Fish I reckon it’s you aligning yourself with the cullers not you actually doing it. I concern myself with what I do where I live not trying to bend others to my will👍🏻

Fisherman replied on 03/06/2023 13:07

Posted on 03/06/2023 13:07

I dont do theories or act on behalf of others, just what I do and what actually happens.

mickysf replied on 03/06/2023 16:19

Posted on 03/06/2023 16:19

Anyway, back to SpringWatch 23, what a fabulous first week of action packed, informative and enjoyable footage and commentary. The research and science based projects highlighted are paying dividends and depthening our understanding of the Natural World and how we can hopefully stop the decline of many species and habitats. We may even be able to enhance that crucial natural balance judging by the many rewilding successes now in progress around the UK. Another two weeks to look forward too.👍

mickysf replied on 06/06/2023 19:58

Posted on 06/06/2023 19:58

Just about to watch the second episode of the second. Brilliant last night and I’m sure it will just get better. After all Chris has been through from the odious bullying three he is doing a sterling job. 

mickysf replied on 06/06/2023 21:12

Posted on 06/06/2023 21:12

Much fascinating new knowledge to me tonight and I suspect for many others. The reproductive behaviours of our rare sand lizards, I didn’t know they weren’t viviparous, I had assumed that egg depositing reptiles were only found in warmer climes. The cuckoo's anatomical evolution which aids it’s strange reproductive behaviours and sadly the continued persecution of raptors around the UK. Good to hear mind that many gamekeepers, land owners and organisations connected with hunting abhor the action of rogue gamekeepers and land owners and are doing at least a little to stop this. Having just completed a tour of Norfolk nature reserves, staying at CaMC sites, I’m pleased to see much has change in attitudes but still more to do given the horrid evidence of persecution shown on tonight’s episode. 

mickysf replied on 09/06/2023 08:25

Posted on 09/06/2023 08:25

Well that was an episode full of drama (last night), fascinating facts and some truly fantastic photography. The natural world certainly can shock, amuse, hold us spell bound, further our understanding and make us question ourselves our actions and position in the world. That nightjar horror, the antics of those cubs, the plight of insects and the dreadful state of many habitats and eco systems damaged by us. We need to be made aware of all of this. Only recognised will we see the very real need for positive action.

Second week completed, final one starts Monday. This is the ultimate reality show, bring it on!

RedKite replied on 09/06/2023 17:11

Posted on 09/06/2023 17:11

Was surprised re Nightjar not heard of that before. Agree with what you say mickysf and think we will have less young birds this year here as we have had some awful storms recently and the Corvid species have been busy around the local trees and hedges  nature in the raw, the butterflies so far have been better than last year with some species as I record what I have seen around my local area plus birds also some moths.

Wherenext replied on 09/06/2023 19:14

Posted on 09/06/2023 19:14

Passed a film crew from Springwatch today on a walk from Llangefni (central town on Angelsey) who were looking for Red Squirrels according to a local. we didn't see any so I suppose I'll have to watch the show.wink

mickysf replied on 13/06/2023 07:41

Posted on 13/06/2023 07:41

Wow, the almost unbelievable life cycle and description of the moon jellyfish living around our coasts. Seems this piece in last nights episode stirred up reactions with some according to the Sun Newspaper. Much about this ‘animal’ I was ignorant of. Nature in the raw.

RedKite replied on 13/06/2023 08:26

Posted on 13/06/2023 08:26

Amazing mickysf you never know what is about do you?

Great to see the Red Squirrels as well and the Violet Beetle in the Nightjar's nest it is all happening.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook