Vettel - unhappy

replied on 10/06/2019 09:31

Posted on 10/06/2019 09:31

Ah! I googled. A F1 driver. No idea wink

Oneputt replied on 10/06/2019 11:03

Posted on 10/06/2019 11:03

I think so, watched a few ex professional F1 drivers, button, brundle, chandock, Herbert etc and they all agreed that having gone onto the grass he then suffered 2 or 3 snaps of oversteer hence his steering inputs.  They all think the penalty was harsh

Whittakerr replied on 10/06/2019 11:45

Posted on 10/06/2019 11:45

I dont think so.

Vettel is clearly not the driver he once was, too many mistakes last season and doing the same this season.

As for all his protestation about he had nowhere else to go, how about staying on the track! If he had then the penalty wouldn’t have happen. Whether or not Hamilton would have got past, well we’ll never know, or once he went on the grass he could (should) have took his foot off the go pedal and slowed down enough to regain control in a safe manor.

Oneputt replied on 10/06/2019 14:06

Posted on 10/06/2019 14:06

At the high speeds they are doing when your basically a passenger in the car  that’s relatively easy isn’t it.  My own view is they have gone overboard on what 5 or so years ago would have been a racing incident

huskydog replied on 10/06/2019 14:13

Posted on 10/06/2019 14:13

perhaps they could bring in a new penalty ,where points were taken off the driver on their finishing position ,that way it would not affect the racing at the time

I think the penalty was harsh , but it was the way that Vettel behaved after the race which I think did him more harm  

DavidKlyne replied on 10/06/2019 16:03

Posted on 10/06/2019 16:03

I am no Ferrari fan but even I thought it was a bit harsh. Mind you probably better to have finished second than crashing into the wall which might have happened!!! I think the trouble with Vettel is that when he was at Red Bull he had an easy time. At the time the Red Bull car was the best on the grid by a large margin and he was clearly the favoured son in that team. He would have gone to Ferrari with great expectations of him and almost impossible pressure and as yet he and the team have not delivered. I know Lewis can whing a bit but I wonder if he can deal with adversity easier than Sebastian?

David

SteveL replied on 10/06/2019 18:17

Posted on 10/06/2019 18:17

I think the nature of the penalty was harsh. Calling it an unsafe re-entry onto the track, when he was in in affect a passenger and giving a 5 second penalty was out of proportion. A better way of dealing with it would have been to declare that he obtained an unfair advantage and for him to have been told to let Hamilton past. He would then of only had to overtake Hamilton to secure first place, not get 5 seconds clear.

What was out of proportion was the way he dealt with the incident. Given that kids of all ages would have been watching, very unprofessional. I am amazed that so far there seem to have been no additional sanctions.

DavidKlyne replied on 10/06/2019 22:25

Posted on 10/06/2019 22:25

Apparently Ferrari didn't tell Le Clerc that his team mate had a penalty! Had they he could have made up enough time to come second!!!

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook