Under 17 World Cup

ABM replied on 28/10/2017 17:26

Posted on 28/10/2017 17:26

And  No  Penalties  Involved  I  understand  !!

Joking  apart,  OP,  it  was  a  cracking  performance  by  a  spirited  group  of  young  footballers  --  I  hope  they  can  keep  it  going  into  the  future  'cos  I  get  bored  with  watching  the  seniors  who  only  seem to  perk  up  when  there  is  loadsa money  around  !!

B

P.S.   and  its  not  only  footballers  either  !!

lornalou1 replied on 28/10/2017 19:05

Posted on 28/10/2017 19:05

ditto. no diving. no acting. hope the seniors watch and learn from there performance. well done lads, a credit to your clubs. and the england manager

moulesy replied on 29/10/2017 10:51

Posted on 29/10/2017 10:51

It was a brilliant performance. So now England are U21 and U17 World Cup holders. The sad thing is that it's unlikely to be repeated at senior level as few of those lads will be given a real chance to progress whilst the bloated moneycentric Premier League clubs continue to believe that foreign players and managers are the route to success. yell

moulesy replied on 29/10/2017 15:51

Posted on 29/10/2017 15:51

Cynical about so called "top flight" football? Me? How very dare you?!!

Mind you, with Rovers' billionaire Jordanian owner and star overseas striker ( well, he's Irish), I may change my mind in a few (several) years time! wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook