Tour de France, 2024

Pliers replied on 25/10/2023 16:34

Posted on 25/10/2023 16:34

Next year’s Tour route has been released today. 
A bit different, as expected, starting in Florence and finishing in Nice. 
Some “interesting” stages.
Will be getting the maps and campsite guides out later, and start planning next year’s hols. πŸ™‚πŸš΄‍β™‚οΈπŸ™‚. 

Here’s a link to the route.

https://www.letour.fr/en/the-race/grands-departs/grand-depart-2024

Mod Edit - Link made live.

mickysf replied on 02/07/2024 23:05

Posted on 02/07/2024 23:05

Yes, spotted him too or a lookielikie. Up in the snow line mind not his usual fiery environment. πŸ˜‰πŸ‘Ή

Takethedogalong replied on 04/07/2024 10:19

Posted on 04/07/2024 10:19

Well, oh my goodness me, assuming the world now knows about yesterday’s result, but what a fantastically brave end to the day’s racing. Vintage Cavendish, watching how he found every little line through, held off much younger and stronger men, and somehow, got there to cross the line first. They are all so brave, the sprinters, high speeds, jostling packs, we have seen the carnage that sometimes ends a days racing, and MC has had his fair share of awful injuries, as have others. One of those sporting moments that lives in the memoryπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ 

Chapeau Sir Mark.

Wherenext replied on 04/07/2024 18:16

Posted on 04/07/2024 18:16

I love the overhead shots as the sprinters, or nutters as I like to call them, launch their attacks or jostle for position.

Brilliant effort from OAP Mark.

RedKite replied on 05/07/2024 08:57

Posted on 05/07/2024 08:57

Yes fantastic end sprint for Mark and he has finally got the record and I think that will last for a very long time.

Takethedogalong replied on 07/07/2024 11:05

Posted on 07/07/2024 11:05

Yes, superb second win, brilliant for his team as well, Intermarche Wanty, gives them lots of exposure. He’s beating off some really strong sprinters like Phillipson and Groenewegen. Today’s stage is going to be very interesting.

Sad news from Tour of Austria though, young rider Andre Drege has died on a descent, and the day before, a female rider was badly injured in a collision with a car. Can’t remember her name at the moment.

nelliethehooker replied on 07/07/2024 21:57

Posted on 07/07/2024 21:57

Another very interesting day, which might have resulted in a decisive day, but wasn't. Just a pity that Tom Pidcock was pipped on the line.

Such a sad occurrence on the Tour of Austria with the death of Andre Steve following an accident. It goes to show what dangerous sport racing cycling can be.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook