Tour de France 2017

Runrig replied on 15/06/2017 16:07

Posted on 15/06/2017 16:07

It is approaching that time of year again.

Anyone care to throw in their two-pennies.

Could be the most open TdF in years.
Who has shown any consistent form in recent races?

Chris Froome looked inconsistent at Dauphine.
Richie Porte looked strong-ish, but just can’t see it over three weeks.
Nairo Quintana didn’t meet expectations at Giro… again
Tom Domoulin climbed consistently and time trailed his way to victory in Giro over Quintana, but again, can’t see it over three weeks.
Jacob Fuglsang ? I wish he didn’t ride for Astana
What of the others, Fabio Aru, Nibali, Valverde, Angel-Lopez, Esteban Chaves, Roman Bardet, Contador, Yates bros?

Head says Froome, heart says Roman Bardet

It would be too easy for me to say Froome, so I will go with Quintana just so Ian has to choose someone else. wink

MJOAP replied on 10/08/2017 23:54

Posted on 10/08/2017 23:54

Star of the race for me was warren barguil hands down. Gotta love the guys style. I really felt Richie could push Froomey this year but his descending was really bad. Bad fall which stuffed Dan along the way. Whilst I was happy that Sky as a team went and won the tour for Froomey, and Froomey was a humble deserved winner......the spark was just not there!. I was shocked by the Boos in Marseille, twas a bit much! Roll on the Vuelta, maybe Bertie can exit on a high note, but I wonder if he is just past his prime. Can Sagan win 3 rainbows in a row, let's hope so, the guy brings so much to cycling! Pure Class.
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook