Six Nations 2019

Extugger replied on 30/01/2019 16:47

Posted on 30/01/2019 16:47

For me, the most exciting tournament in the sporting calendar as the 6 Nations lock horns and renew old rivalries and friendships over the coming weeks, with the added bonus of a World Cup to look forward to later in the year. Undoubtedly, the Irish are strong favourites again this year. Scotland start with 2 home fixtures, Wales are unbeaten in their last 9 fixtures and England are promising plenty of power. The French are at sixes and sevens whilst the brilliant Sergio Parisse can expect another season without a win.

A competition like no other.....let the games begin!

ABM replied on 10/02/2019 21:37

Posted on 10/02/2019 21:37

Hate  to  destroy  all  the  afore mentioned  comments  etc,  BUT  I  really do  have  to  congratulate  a  certain  Red-shirted  Whistle-man  on  his  fine  performance  today  !!  Explaining  why  as  well  as  what  was  a  great  addition  to  the  commentary  today  even  to  congratulating  a  player  on  the  ground  for  not  committing  an  obvious  &  easy  foul.  Darn  it,  with  VAR  coming  fully  to  Premier  League  Soccer  next  season  perhaps  the  officials  there  could  take  lessons  from  todays  Ref.

replied on 10/02/2019 21:53

Posted on 10/02/2019 21:37 by ABM

Hate  to  destroy  all  the  afore mentioned  comments  etc,  BUT  I  really do  have  to  congratulate  a  certain  Red-shirted  Whistle-man  on  his  fine  performance  today  !!  Explaining  why  as  well  as  what  was  a  great  addition  to  the  commentary  today  even  to  congratulating  a  player  on  the  ground  for  not  committing  an  obvious  &  easy  foul.  Darn  it,  with  VAR  coming  fully  to  Premier  League  Soccer  next  season  perhaps  the  officials  there  could  take  lessons  from  todays  Ref.

Posted on 10/02/2019 21:53

The user and all related content has been deleted

ABM replied on 10/02/2019 22:07

Posted on 10/02/2019 22:07

coolwink  -- Yes  Indeed  --   He  TALKS  TO  THE  PLAYERS  !!  The  very  first  step  towards  getting  RESPECT  !!

replied on 10/02/2019 22:11

Posted on 10/02/2019 22:07 by ABM

coolwink  -- Yes  Indeed  --   He  TALKS  TO  THE  PLAYERS  !!  The  very  first  step  towards  getting  RESPECT  !!

Posted on 10/02/2019 22:11

replied on 10/02/2019 22:27

Posted on 10/02/2019 22:27

mickysf replied on 11/02/2019 08:27

Posted on 11/02/2019 08:27

He also talks with the players and listens, but he know when to tell them to shut up and get on with 'it' and they do! That's total respect both ways.

Extugger replied on 11/02/2019 08:34

Posted on 11/02/2019 08:34

It does help if the players he's talking to have something between their ears, other than Brillcreamed hair, diamond earrings and gold teeth 🤭😉😂

BTW, Nigel is regarded as the finest referee in the game and unlike others, doesn't call on the TMO for every decision. The emphasis there is on 'every'. Did notice he was struggling to keep up with the pace at times-which only further proves how quick England were 😉

Extugger replied on 11/02/2019 08:50

Posted on 10/02/2019 22:27 by

Totally off topic - but there is a 2 week pause now, so perhaps I might indulge???

Anyone recall Frank Keating?  Sports writer for The Guardian???

He recounted a lovely tale (and I cannot quote verbatim).

Remember the late, great  Carwyn James??? FK went to his funeral. Chapel was packed. He announced himself as a journalist from The Guardian.

Ushers pushed everyone aside, made room for him at the front, saying, "He's important. He's from The Neath Guardian."

Sorry.... you may not find that funny if not of the Valleys.

Posted on 11/02/2019 08:50

Totally off topic, totally unnecessary and not funny 😉 (unless you're from, or have spent time in their company) but thank you for posting. It's what the game is all about: fun, banter, camaraderie and friendship!!!

And to prove a point, here's my favourite Welsh rugby joke:

The Welsh team were playing England at Twickenham and after the half-time whistle blew they found themselves ahead 50-0, Gareth Edwards getting eight tries. The rest of the team decided to head for the pub instead of playing the second half, leaving Gareth to go out on his own.

“No worries,” Gareth told them, “I’ll join you later and tell you what happened.” After the game Gareth headed for the pub where he told his teammates the final score: 95-3.

“What!” said a furious Ray Gravell, “How did you let them get three points?” Gareth replied apologetically: “I was sent off with 20 minutes to go.”

ðŸ˜‚😂😂

mickysf replied on 11/02/2019 09:23

Posted on 10/02/2019 20:36 by mickysf

Well done England.

Just a question, why did Wales turn out what many thought to be a second XV. All very well in the old 5 nations set up but today those bonus points could be crucial. Not a good plan in my opinion as they only drew 2 tries a piece with Italy, a bit disappointing I would think for the faithful. Time for a management rethink?

Posted on 11/02/2019 09:23

Just heard Eddie Jones making the same point on TV. Although, he suggested that today's coaches call them 'squad' teams. undecided

Extugger replied on 11/02/2019 11:07

Posted on 11/02/2019 09:23 by mickysf

Just heard Eddie Jones making the same point on TV. Although, he suggested that today's coaches call them 'squad' teams. undecided

Posted on 11/02/2019 11:07

Interesting, as you say Micky, that Gatland chose to field a side which most considered not the first XV. Perhaps he wanted to test new players at test level, rest some of the "A" teamers, or perhaps he was looking for inspiration for when England come calling in a fortnight? If he thought he might beat Italy with his 'second XV' then the plan could easily have backfired and Wales' winning streak to an abrupt end.

What are your thoughts?

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook