RWC 2019

Extugger replied on 28/09/2019 10:56

Posted on 28/09/2019 10:56

The Real World Cup is already into its second week and some enthralling, thrilling rugby has been displayed.

A couple of upsets already, namely Fiji's loss, but none more so than the host nation's win against Ireland! What a win, what a game, what a performance! Fantastic rugby 

moulesy replied on 20/10/2019 20:27

Posted on 20/10/2019 20:27

England look very, very good, but really those All Blacks are a different class! Wales will have to improve to beat the Proteas. 

Would love to see an England v Wales final, but I fear it may turn out to be the complete opposite.  

Can't see beyond a New Zealand victory to be honest! surprised

mickysf replied on 20/10/2019 20:36

Posted on 20/10/2019 20:36

Today we saw one side win because of one fat headed opposition player's action and a team which found the right tactics on the day. Well done to Wales, South Africa, Japan and 14 French men and those that came on as replacements.

Now what to do with Japan, personally I think they should be included in one of the top tier annual competitions but for now they should get themselves more involved in the World 7s series and fully embrace this. Their skills set and play today certainly would suit this format. 

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 20/10/2019 21:55

Posted on 20/10/2019 20:27 by moulesy

England look very, very good, but really those All Blacks are a different class! Wales will have to improve to beat the Proteas. 

Would love to see an England v Wales final, but I fear it may turn out to be the complete opposite.  

Posted on 20/10/2019 21:55

Yup, the 4th time too I think๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Extugger replied on 21/10/2019 11:45

Posted on 20/10/2019 20:27 by moulesy

Posted on 21/10/2019 11:45

Come on Moulesy, where's your loyalty and fighting spirit??!!! The only side in the competition who are capable of beating the Blacks are England and I actually feel confident that we will beat them. The only team I would not wish to meet in a final would be Wales as Gatlin and his mob are tactically astute at getting a result. If it were to be an England vs Wales final however, I would still back England on neutral territory. No one has tested the Blacks yet and they're going to get a mighty shock on Saturday! 

mickysf replied on 21/10/2019 19:45

Posted on 21/10/2019 19:45

Well, not really Nellie the hooker. The USA focused mainly on the sevens game a few years ago because of the Olympics taking place in their country and they may now be the best 7s exponents of this sport.

The Japanese however, because of this World Cup for the same reason, it is on home soil, have concentrated on the 15s game. Now if the powers that be don't help them in the 15 aside game in the immediate future seasons as previously suggested their route to success would be a more committed 7s thrust. It would certainly be in line with their present strengths and tactical acumen in my opinion.

moulesy replied on 21/10/2019 19:51

Posted on 21/10/2019 11:45 by Extugger

Come on Moulesy, where's your loyalty and fighting spirit??!!! The only side in the competition who are capable of beating the Blacks are England and I actually feel confident that we will beat them. The only team I would not wish to meet in a final would be Wales as Gatlin and his mob are tactically astute at getting a result. If it were to be an England vs Wales final however, I would still back England on neutral territory. No one has tested the Blacks yet and they're going to get a mighty shock on Saturday! 

Posted on 21/10/2019 19:51

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong - years of supporting The Gas and HKR have taught me to prepare for disappointment,  though! frown

mickysf replied on 21/10/2019 20:00

Posted on 21/10/2019 19:51 by moulesy

I'd be more than happy to be proved wrong - years of supporting The Gas and HKR have taught me to prepare for disappointment,  though! frown

Posted on 21/10/2019 20:00

Like your good self our M, both rovers!wink

Extugger replied on 25/10/2019 16:08

Posted on 25/10/2019 16:08

Less than 24 hours until England's kick off and I'm like a kid at Christmas waiting for Santa to arrive! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ

Best of luck to Wales on Sunday and commiserations to Liam Williams who misses out through a training injury.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook