Morgan's Magnificent Innings

Extugger replied on 19/06/2019 07:42

Posted on 19/06/2019 07:42

Watched England demolish Afghanistan in World Cup yesterday and although some would consider them as 'lowly' opponents (they have a smattering of world class players) Eoin Morgan's record breaking 'knock' still had to be executed. What a feast for the eyes!

ABM replied on 19/06/2019 11:09

Posted on 19/06/2019 11:09

Agreed, JR, but not one I would want to see replicated !  It's very much a batsman's ( ?? slogger's undecided ?? )  game now. Each time I see such a game I think it's really time to bring the crikkit bat back to what it was 20 years ago.

Brian  S.P.C.B. innocent

( Society For The Prevention of Cruelty To Bowlers )

Extugger replied on 19/06/2019 12:37

Posted on 19/06/2019 12:37

Ha ha! Yes, indeed Brian! 😀 (You sound just like Geoffrey and his "Corridor of uncertainty!")

Test Crikkit it definitely wasn't, but it was a very good watch - and all those World records set too 👍😀

trellis replied on 19/06/2019 14:42

Posted on 19/06/2019 14:42

Fair play to Afghanistan , even though they knew they were on a hiding to nothing , they made a good fist of it . Felt sorry for the middle order Afgan player not quite making his century.🏏🏏.

ABM replied on 25/06/2019 23:22

Posted on 25/06/2019 23:22

I'm watching the Ch 4 Crikkit World Cup at present == England (various) versus Australia -- I'm sure I'll soon have something other than the sniffles to curse about. Do you think I should dig out one of the old style 'phone directories instead ??

papgeno replied on 01/07/2019 17:44

Posted on 01/07/2019 17:44

Having watched him get out against both the Aussies and the Indians you can be sure that in the next match,hopefully matches, he'll get peppered with plenty of short stuff. I just hope he can stop trying to hook until he's got his eye in.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook