It's just not cricket!

Extugger replied on 02/06/2019 12:03

Posted on 02/06/2019 12:03

Read an article in the BBC's sports news, about Justin Langer bemoaning the fact the crowd were 'booing' Steve Smith and David Warner (The ball tampering duo) during a World Cup warm-up match.

So, they've served a 12 month ban (and Langer seems to think that all is now ok) and was somewhat surprised at the booing, stating:

"After the experience of Hampshire, we have a pretty good idea what to expect - we've talked about it a lot and we can put strategies in place," said Langer.

"That said, when it happens it doesn't make it any easier. They are human beings, that's the truth - and that's what I find the hardest.

"I'm a dad and a lot of the time the kids see it. You feel for them personally and they are going to have to have thick skins.

"But I'd be disappointed by any player being booed at any cricket ground, regardless of what country they play for. It's never a good look when that happens."

I personally feel that they should've had a lifetime ban from International cricket, "after all I'm a dad and a lot of the time the kids see it"  And if they're allowed to get away with a one year ban, many kids will see it's ok to cheat and then have "a year off". The voices in the crowd appeared to agree with me and although I don't condone 'booing' in any sport, I feel they have a point.

trellis replied on 02/06/2019 13:34

Posted on 02/06/2019 13:34

I couldn't agree more , if you are caught red-handed as they were it should be a life time ban .The same should apply in any sport . Just a shame the governing bodies don't have the balls to do it.

ABM replied on 02/06/2019 18:21

Posted on 02/06/2019 18:21

100 %  agreement  from  ABM !!  I  have  said  elsewhere  that  I  hate & detest CHEATS and would have no compunction in saying that a Life Time Ban from all cricket establishments, grounds etc would have been too short !

macwomble replied on 02/06/2019 19:01

Posted on 02/06/2019 18:21 by ABM

100 %  agreement  from  ABM !!  I  have  said  elsewhere  that  I  hate & detest CHEATS and would have no compunction in saying that a Life Time Ban from all cricket establishments, grounds etc would have been too short !

Posted on 02/06/2019 19:01

No argument from me on that one sealed

replied on 02/06/2019 19:44

Posted on 02/06/2019 19:44

The duo did their crime and served their time. However if they were Booed then tough wotsits

papgeno replied on 03/06/2019 19:53

Posted on 03/06/2019 19:53

What I find risible is that Cricket Australia think that we'll all believe that only the three players sanctioned were involved and the coaching staff and the rest of the team didn't know what was going on. 

There needed to be a root and branch overhaul otherwise it won't be long before they're at it again.😬

ABM replied on 03/06/2019 22:49

Posted on 03/06/2019 22:49

Was that the sort of ROOT and branch overhaul  that took place Half way thro'  the England innings  in  today's  match  undecided   Roger   wink ??

papgeno replied on 03/06/2019 23:07

Posted on 03/06/2019 22:49 by ABM

Was that the sort of ROOT and branch overhaul  that took place Half way thro'  the England innings  in  today's  match  undecided   Roger   wink ??

Posted on 03/06/2019 23:07

I thought Joe played pretty well Brian. He could have been out much sooner if the slip catch had stuck.

I wonder if they underestimated Pakistan a bit after the earlier series 4-0. Well done to them. πŸ‘

I always think that making the team favourites is a bit counterproductive, and that the real favourites could well be the Windies. Time will tell🏏

ABM replied on 04/06/2019 16:04

Posted on 04/06/2019 16:04

Rog, I was referring to his strange behaviour partway thro' his innings and the move Buttler made to see the ball after the match finished !

As for being the "Favourites"  - I can still remember the old rule of thumb  ==> the batsmen only get one chance but the bowlers get six per over  wink

derekcyril replied on 04/06/2019 17:54

Posted on 04/06/2019 17:54

Dont forget aussies underhand ball against new zealand to win ,,not illegal but ,,best stop now ,listening to sri lanka ,afganistan , Great story how afganisan took up cricket

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook