Incredible Rugby Match at Ellis Park

Extugger replied on 09/06/2018 18:13

Posted on 09/06/2018 18:13

Congratulations must go to the Springboks today for their incredible performance against England.

Not only was it a magnificent advert for the game but history was made as the side was captained by its first black captain  - a monumental day in South Africa's sporting history 

Final score 42-39 

Just brilliant 😀

hitchglitch replied on 10/06/2018 19:12

Posted on 10/06/2018 19:12

Shambolic defence by the Boks in the first 20 mins and shambolic defence by England for most of the rest of the match. Much to learn for both teams but entertaining none the less. Durban will be interesting.

mickysf replied on 10/06/2018 20:23

Posted on 10/06/2018 20:23

Good game but let's not loose sight of what test matches have become these days! Just 'training ground' matches for those of more importance to come in the likes of the Six Nations and World Cup! The 'game' has changed from those halcyon amateur days of yore!

Extugger replied on 11/06/2018 13:59

Posted on 10/06/2018 20:23 by mickysf

Good game but let's not loose sight of what test matches have become these days! Just 'training ground' matches for those of more importance to come in the likes of the Six Nations and World Cup! The 'game' has changed from those halcyon amateur days of yore!

Posted on 11/06/2018 13:59

So true, but wasn't it nice to see so many tries scored in 80 minutes?!

OK, defence wins games, but I think the game has become somewhat stale and uninteresting with the lack of tries......and don't even start me on the current scrummage debacle!

mickysf replied on 11/06/2018 19:33

Posted on 11/06/2018 13:59 by Extugger

So true, but wasn't it nice to see so many tries scored in 80 minutes?!

OK, defence wins games, but I think the game has become somewhat stale and uninteresting with the lack of tries......and don't even start me on the current scrummage debacle!

Posted on 11/06/2018 19:33

Our fabulous game has always been likened to chess on grass. Thing is that a coach finds that formula for success and then another creative coach finds a way of 'beating' that 'system'! To be honest that's what I find fascinating! Sometimes it's down to a magical individual whose incredible skill and aptitude makes that difference. I love it!

Rugby- the best game on't turf!wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook