How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 08/08/2022 21:41

Posted on 06/08/2022 17:11 by Oneputt

So we spent millions to pay of Daniel and employ the clown of a manager we have now, what’s his name, and we are 1 place above relegation but just on goal difference

Posted on 08/08/2022 21:41

I feel your pain but we spent nowt and promoted an assistant coach and we’re rock bottom.

I must be stupid but I went down to the ground today and bought a ticket for the league cup match tomorrow night. It’s the hope that kills you!

UTT Rog

Wherenext replied on 09/08/2022 21:15

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:15

Anybody heard how Pliers is doing? She's normally a regular on this thread but I can't remember seeing anything from her for some months now and what with Haaland joining I would have thought she might have mentioned it.

Hope all is well.

papgeno replied on 10/08/2022 09:13

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:15 by Wherenext

Anybody heard how Pliers is doing? She's normally a regular on this thread but I can't remember seeing anything from her for some months now and what with Haaland joining I would have thought she might have mentioned it.

Hope all is well.

Posted on 10/08/2022 09:13

I’ll second that.

My GS is infinitely wiser than me. He turned down my offer to buy him a ticket for last night’s match.

What a shambles, I’ve never seen such an inept performance from a Town team and I’ve been supporting them for over 60 years. PNE could have had six or seven without breaking sweat.

Im beginning to regret renewing our season tickets, but I suppose I’ll have to go on Saturday to see them get slaughtered again.

ABM replied on 11/08/2022 09:17

Posted on 11/08/2022 09:17

WN, Pliers most recent post came from  " Camping L'Amfora " or some such place when they arrived  on 17 / 6   so might not be over interested in English footy season yet --  much too dry coolinnocent  and waiting 'til it's 30 Fahrenheit not 30 Centigrade  !!

Wherenext replied on 12/08/2022 20:26

Posted on 12/08/2022 20:26

I was listening to a radio 4 programme the other day on BBC Sounds called "Sideways". It might interest the people on here as the programme was devoted to Sports and Legal Deception of Opponents. Quite an interesting half hour. The reason it's on here is that it introduced me to the pioneer of data analysis that pervades and exists in every major football team in the UK methinks. The pioneer's story is in the attached website.

It does pass a good half hour of anyone's time who is interested in sport in general.

https://www.sportperformanceanalysis.com/article/history-of-performance-analysis-the-controversial-pioneer-charles-reep

Wherenext replied on 12/08/2022 20:28

Posted on 11/08/2022 09:17 by ABM

WN, Pliers most recent post came from  " Camping L'Amfora " or some such place when they arrived  on 17 / 6   so might not be over interested in English footy season yet --  much too dry coolinnocent  and waiting 'til it's 30 Fahrenheit not 30 Centigrade  !!

Posted on 12/08/2022 20:28

Cheers Brian. I know that they went to Spain for their jollies but expected her to be back for the new season as they are season ticket holders. 

Still, I hope that all is well and that they are just taking a break from the multiple Server Errors on here, far in excess of what one sees at Wimbledon in their little tournament.

papgeno replied on 13/08/2022 21:58

Posted on 13/08/2022 21:58

Well that was a refreshing change from the dross served up in the last three matches.

Its amazing what three points can do at this stage of the season. Town jumped 10 places on the strength of this afternoon’s win.

However they were replaced at the bottom by the Canaries, sorry One Putt. You’ll get your revenge on Tuesday evening at Carrow Road I guess 

What a pleasant change to be watching a match at 3 pm on a Saturday afternoon, it’s 147 days since Town played at that time 

UTT Rog

Pliers replied on 13/08/2022 22:32

Posted on 09/08/2022 21:15 by Wherenext

Hope all is well.

Posted on 13/08/2022 22:32

All is well, thanks, Wherenext. Had half given up with CT, the server errors were doing my head in ….😱

Anyway, 1st home match of the new season today. Scorchio 🌞, certainly not typical Manchester weather. Good game and very good result.

Haarland? Stood there like Piffy on a rock bun for most of the game, but I’m sure he’ll improve. 🙂.

Keep the faith, footy fans. ⚽️⚽️⚽️

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook