How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 12/01/2022 17:38

Posted on 12/01/2022 17:38

If I remember from the diagram that I saw in the paper the boundary sort of kinks between the stand  on one side and the pitch. Surely it wouldn’t be beyond the wit of man to kink it the other way. It would only need to move less than 100 yards

I wonder how many Welsh fans will be tempted up the motorway on Saturday. Swansea are at the JSS and you can get a ticket anywhere in the stadium for just a fiver. After all they haven’t been able to go to a match since the middle of last month.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 12/01/2022 22:50

Posted on 12/01/2022 22:50

I wonder if the positioning of the turnstiles mandates which little country gets the tax from the entrance fees  undecided  and could That be the reason for this squabble perchance 

Not too worried tonight, Roger,  Crewe 2  ~~  Charlton Athletic 1

papgeno replied on 13/01/2022 18:46

Posted on 13/01/2022 18:46

I think the main stand and offices are on the English side of the border so it’s likely the club pays its taxes and business rates in England.

The wee Scottish lassie has relaxed the restrictions in time for the return of Scottish football from their winter break so that leaves the Welsh in the minority now.

Come on you Alex, a couple more wins and you’ll be climbing the table. Then you’ll be able to sing that time honoured football chant “, eey eey eey oh, up the football league we go”

It looks like there will be a near full house at the JSS on Saturday, Yorkshire folk love a bargain ( tickets even in the best seats only a fiver). Town on a seven match unbeaten run against a Swansea team not at their best. Just the sort of match Town always lose

UTT Rog

richardandros replied on 19/01/2022 15:31

Posted on 19/01/2022 15:31

The Hull Daily Mail is reporting that the take-over of Hull City by Acun Ilicali is now complete.  It's been a long time coming but let's hope that this is the beginning of a new era for the club. Not that much left of the transfer window, but let's see what happenssmile

nelliethehooker replied on 19/01/2022 21:51

Posted on 19/01/2022 15:31 by richardandros

The Hull Daily Mail is reporting that the take-over of Hull City by Acun Ilicali is now complete.  It's been a long time coming but let's hope that this is the beginning of a new era for the club. Not that much left of the transfer window, but let's see what happenssmile

Posted on 19/01/2022 21:51

Looks to have work wonder already....2-0 victory tonight over The Rovers.yell

richardandros replied on 20/01/2022 10:38

Posted on 20/01/2022 10:38

Brilliant result, given their respective positions in the league.  Let's hope this is the sort of lift that everyone has been waiting forsmile

nelliethehooker replied on 22/01/2022 19:58

Posted on 20/01/2022 10:38 by richardandros

Brilliant result, given their respective positions in the league.  Let's hope this is the sort of lift that everyone has been waiting forsmile

Posted on 22/01/2022 19:58

And another one Richard, a team rejuvenated I think. Hope the your result will inspire Rovers on Monday, as they would then be up to second.

richardandros replied on 23/01/2022 06:27

Posted on 22/01/2022 19:58 by nelliethehooker

And another one Richard, a team rejuvenated I think. Hope the your result will inspire Rovers on Monday, as they would then be up to second.

Posted on 23/01/2022 06:27

Well, I would never have predicted that one! - especially since Bournemouth had 70% of the possession. Fantastic resultsmile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook