How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

papgeno replied on 28/09/2021 23:02

Posted on 28/09/2021 23:02

I hope no one did back Blackburn because Town just ruined their unbeaten away record.

What a match but what an awful referee.

UTT Rog

Extugger replied on 29/09/2021 06:19

Posted on 29/09/2021 06:19

I certainly would not back (I'm struggling to type their name) Bl******* Rovers for historical reasons. When Accy were in dire straits a dozen or so years ago and needed to raise funds to pay an HMRC debt, the aforementioned were not interested in playing a "friendly" to raise funds. Thankfully, Burnley stepped in to help.

I'm so glad the Terriers did the business....and any team who inflict defeat on the Blues and Whites (the first team to 'buy' the Premiership)laughing

papgeno replied on 29/09/2021 20:29

Posted on 29/09/2021 20:29

Well Town certainly did a number on them last night, and confounded a lot of people’s expectations. The fan’s forum hold a vote before every match and there was a hefty majority voted for a Rovers win.

As for their manager, I remember him blaming Town for their relegation in 2017 because David Wagner played a few squad players in the two matches prior to the playoff final.

He seemed to forget that his team had been rubbish for the other 42 games, so I’ve not a lot of time for Mr Mowbray.

Mind you I’d have their no 22 in our team in a heartbeat although the penalty from which he got his second goal last night was a travesty .

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 05/10/2021 22:29

Posted on 05/10/2021 22:29

Oh  *********, ain't life a wotsit ??

T'Alex won yet another home game but, sadly, twas in the EFL cup or some such  yell

Still a win is a win even if it was only against Wigin  laughing

papgeno replied on 07/10/2021 20:21

Posted on 07/10/2021 20:21

Why does the flipping’ international break come when my team are on a bit of roll?
Town confounded expectations again by getting something away at Luton so yes they’re on a bit of a roll having seen off Blackburn in the preceding week.

A shout out to the club their efforts to re-establish the connection with the fans. At the end of the Blackburn game the entire squad went over to the fans in the cow shed end and held up a banner with legend “KEEP FIGHTING DAZ”

Daz is s young lad who stands in that end who unfortunately has terminal cancer. A nice touch that I’m sure will have given him a bit of lift.

Incidentally the ‘cow shed’ is a hark back to the old ground at Leeds Road where the covered end of the ground looked very much like a cow shed or an open sided Dutch barn. It now refers to the home part of the South Stand, which I’ve always thought was a weird description as it’s really more on the west side of the ground.

Anyhoo UTT Rog

papgeno replied on 07/10/2021 20:26

Posted on 07/10/2021 20:26

Ok I’ve just googled it and that stand orientates South West.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/10/2021 10:45

Posted on 09/10/2021 10:45

I feel very sad about football at the moment. Newcastle United have long deserved better ownership than they have endured the last decade or so, but I do worry about what has happened now. A dark day as far as I am concerned, much wider implications than winning a few trophies☹️

ABM replied on 09/10/2021 15:48

Posted on 09/10/2021 15:48

Sad, Dark days indeed TtDA, it seems like money is all that matters in sport as indeed anywhere else, nowadays.  True Fans i.e. lovers of the game ( any game ), not 'shirt-wearers' have seen this coming for some time, in fact ever since " agents " and  million pound waged players started to dominate the sports pages.

papgeno replied on 13/10/2021 16:45

Posted on 13/10/2021 16:45

Funny you should mention shirt wearers. I was in Newcastle on a match day a few years ago ( my eldest GS was at uni there ) and saw a load of blokes in the black and white shirt. I said to my GS will they all be going to the match and he replied that they probably didn’t have tickets but lots of them would just be wearing their shirts around the  city that afternoon.

On a more serious note, it’s Hull City up at the JSS on Saturday and I just discovered that they are yet to score away from home. You just know what’s going to happen 😡

UTT Rog

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook