How's your footy team doing?

papgeno replied on 14/12/2016 11:00

Posted on 14/12/2016 11:00

I'm starting this thread again because it seems to have been a casualty of the change over to the new site. The Terriers scecured another away win last night at Burton. Two wins in a row now after a barren spell. It'll all go pear shaped on Friday when we go to Norwich because the game is to be televised , we haven't won on the telly for ages.

moulesy replied on 19/09/2020 20:54

Posted on 19/09/2020 20:54

yell 2 wins from 17 games before last season finished (having taken over a team in the play off places) and now with a virtually new squad of his own choosing 1 draw and 3 defeats so far this season - it's not looking good for our bright new manager is it? yell

ABM replied on 20/09/2020 16:10

Posted on 20/09/2020 16:10

How's Your Footy Team Doing?

Quite well according to t'Manager  but, sadly, still easing our way back into Div'n 2 according to the league table !!

papgeno replied on 27/09/2020 09:23

Posted on 27/09/2020 09:23

At last a win! One of our aging strikers scored a stonker and our keeper, who prior to yesterday would have struggled to even catch this virus, made two world class saves.

We were even honoured with a visit from the blessed Bielsa, no doubt looking in to check up on the progress his former apprentice is making.

All we need now is to be able to go to the matches, or do we? I'm in two minds myself, perhaps if I get this new app?

UTT Rog⚽️

ABM replied on 27/09/2020 15:40

Posted on 27/09/2020 15:40

Crewe's on the up and up as well  Rog ~~  not a massive improvement on previous games 'cos they were not in truth that poor, but up front they could have used a 'tater sack for the chances they had  wink.

Hate to say it on here in ( case DK is listening ) but Milton Keynes have some work to do already !!

As for the possible ' real ' attendance at games and not the digital things, I don't think it will be viable before Easter !  Can you imagine the squeals, whines and moans over V A R ,  Handball,  FIFA interruptions  etc etc.  Some of the Senior ( OLD ! ) Managers would be ready prepared for a dash into the Cardiac Arrested  Department surprised, and Brian does not want to witness  C P R on the touch~line.

Stay safe, Keep taking the pills  sealed

Coachman TESTING replied on 30/09/2020 01:47

Posted on 30/09/2020 01:47

Blackburn are doing well at the moment, kind of dreading the international break when they normally come back broken and all form has gone...

moulesy replied on 04/10/2020 18:17

Posted on 04/10/2020 18:17

Ooh! I foresee a managerial vacancy in the offing soon - and not with The Gas after their fine win against the mighty Northampton Town yesterday. 👍

So, bye bye and thanks for all the memories OGS! frown

ABM replied on 08/10/2020 23:00

Posted on 08/10/2020 23:00

Only missed about 5 mins of tonight's John Wayne film although I could quote big chunks as well as point to the next Native American to be shot !!  Wonder what the final score was, yawn, yawn surprised

papgeno replied on 10/10/2020 13:51

Posted on 10/10/2020 13:51

I see the BBC are as committed to sport and football in particular as ever. Football Focus today was curtailed in favour of Homes Under the Hammer followed by Bargain Hunt.

In the shortened programme we were treated to a report on England's win over Wales including still photographs of the goals, they obviously couldn't afford to buy the highlights.

UTT Rog

ABM replied on 10/10/2020 16:20

Posted on 10/10/2020 16:20

Dammit, Rog, what did you expect,  Beeb only have a handful ( or Two ) channels don't they. I'm not counting the eight or so channels that they magic up to use for Wimbledon of course  innocent  

{  Crewe 3 -- 0  Wigan  after 61 mins }

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook