F1

SELL replied on 23/10/2016 22:49

Posted on 23/10/2016 22:49

He proabally needs to win all the remaining races as well if he going to retain his world championship with Rosberg having some off days.

ABM replied on 24/10/2016 15:26

Posted on 24/10/2016 15:26

Stayed  up  to  watch  --  had  a  hell  of  a  time  trying  to  get  back  to  sleep  when  it  eventually  finished {  at  about  5:15  by  my  calculations  !!  zzzzzzzz  }

tigerfish replied on 26/10/2016 13:49

Posted on 26/10/2016 13:49

F1 seems to have lost its attraction for me. Its much too beholden to shed loads of money being thrown at it by just a few companies.

Today I actually find F3 much more exciting to watch as a spectator.  The new electric formulae is dire and I simply can't see it succeeding.

TF

peegeenine replied on 26/10/2016 16:43

Posted on 26/10/2016 16:43

I quite enjoy F1. OK, so whoever is in front at the first corner may go on to win the race, but, it doesn't always work out that way as demonstrated by Lewis Hamilton when his engine blew up. Also, has the team got the tyre strategy right, will they last all the way. Currently Mercedes dominate which means the likes of Ferrari and Red Bull have to come up with different strategies to be competetive. Ferrari aren't doing very well with their strategies at the moment so it's a will they won't they get it right situation. Red Bulls Max Verstappen, the youngest F1 driver to win a race, is exciting to watch as he isn't afraid to overtake. There are also battles going on between team mates in the top three teams so another source of excitement. Then there's the pit stops, will the pit crew screw up or will they deliver another amazing 2.4 second wheel change. There has been 2 instances recently where wheels have not been secured correctly. As in any sport there are a lot of politics and stewards often interfer in what are quite often racing incidents, but there is still excitement to be had if all that is put to one side.

G Cherokee replied on 28/10/2016 01:26

Posted on 28/10/2016 01:26

I think the new rules have made it more competitive and not just about whos got most cash anymore.

I think it was Eddie Jordan who said we could all save ourselves a load of time if we all met in a room and see who had the biggest cheque. 

Oneputt replied on 27/11/2016 15:22

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:22

Congratulations Nico Rosberg for winning Drivers World Championship.

Watchig the race I believe that Seb Vettel could see what Hamilton was trying to do and decided to ride shotgun on Nico.  Sort of just like Michael Schumacher letting Seb through to wind the DWC in Brasil

bill replied on 27/11/2016 15:33

Posted on 27/11/2016 15:33

How boring !!  If Max Verstappen wasn't competing it wouldn't be worth watching.  Enjoyed the Moto GP more this year.  At least there are minimal pit stops and they don't turn the engine power down from the pits.

cyberyacht replied on 27/11/2016 16:28

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:28

Bit of a nail biter for the last ten laps or so. Hamilton has driven well this year and, if it hadn't been for relibility issues, would have won the championship. Equally he did himself no favours by poor starts mid season. Goalposts are shifted for next year so it's anyones guess who will be dominant then.

JCB4X4 replied on 27/11/2016 16:37

Posted on 27/11/2016 16:37

"...Goalposts are shifted for next year so it's anyones guess who will be dominant then."

Wouldn't want to be the Goalkeeper !!! Surprised Surprised.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook