Breaking News - Nico Rosberg

avondriver replied on 02/12/2016 13:53

Posted on 02/12/2016 13:53

Would be nice if Jenson Button "un-retired" and took the seat but somehow I think it will not happen its probably time for new blood.

cyberyacht replied on 02/12/2016 14:54

Posted on 02/12/2016 14:54

One wonders if he would have done so if Lewis had taken the championship.

There could be quite a shakeup in the drivers then. That's Button, Masa and Rosberg gone. Good opportunity for the GP2 wannabe's. Bernie's still hanging on though.

replied on 02/12/2016 15:26

Posted on 02/12/2016 15:26

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Oneputt replied on 02/12/2016 15:41

Posted on 02/12/2016 15:41

Just read the news, stunned.  Clarity of thinking by Nico, great driver and great ambassador of the sport, sad to see him go but understand. We need to watch this space now.

If Mercedes bring in a rookie it could mean Hamilton will escape punishment for breaking team instructions. 

I think Mercedes would like to bring in Vettel but only if they get rid of Hamilton.  Hulkenburg is my outsider of choice.

Whittakerr replied on 02/12/2016 15:47

Posted on 02/12/2016 15:47

I think he’s bottled out and afraid of the challenge in defending the title. A conspiracy theorist   would think Merc have had a hand in this to ensure they keep the best driver, Hamilton.SurprisedInnocent

tigerfish replied on 02/12/2016 15:54

Posted on 02/12/2016 15:54

I admire Rosberg for having the good sense to put his family first and quit whilst he is at the top. After all his future in now secured.  

Oneputt, I understand your view but very much doubt that Mercedes would want to be without both their star drivers next season.  The problem for Merc's is that pretty well all the best drivers are aleady signed up with other teams for next season. It might be better to take on and develop a real rookie whilst theyve still got Hamilton .

TF

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook