Autumn Internationals

Extugger replied on 01/11/2018 14:49

Posted on 01/11/2018 14:49

Thank goodness November has finally arrived and the prospect of some entertainment from rugby's finest from around the world and the chance to see new faces within the ranks. Personally I've put everything else on hold.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 01/11/2018 18:44

Posted on 01/11/2018 18:44

I’m inπŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ˜Ž

mickysf replied on 03/11/2018 18:10

Posted on 03/11/2018 18:10

No matter what Dylan says, Owen's last tackle was very nearly a game changer! Phew, well finished off England, not a pretty first half!

Extugger replied on 03/11/2018 22:22

Posted on 03/11/2018 18:10 by mickysf

No matter what Dylan says, Owen's last tackle was very nearly a game changer! Phew, well finished off England, not a pretty first half!

Posted on 03/11/2018 22:22

Some real guile and determination shown from England, particularly in the second half and totally agree - Co-Captain Fantastic very nearly let the side down at the death. Some would argue his late tackle was illegal and I would have to agree. Still, it's nice to have the rub of the green for once from a French referee!

Wales once again proved too good against the Scots, but this game was more about Doddie Weir and MND, so well done to both RFU's.

johndailey replied on 04/11/2018 09:50

Posted on 04/11/2018 09:50

It looked like a no arms tackle (in my opinion). The first time that I saw it and when seeing the replay it still looked that way. We did start slowly. We are a newish team and will get better. Beating SA is always a good sign for me. Of course next week against the All Blacks will tell us a lot but we must be patient and give the team time to improve. Clive Woodward managed to get some fantastic results against Southern hemisphere teams but I don't that will happen this year.

Extugger replied on 08/11/2018 14:51

Posted on 08/11/2018 14:51

Saturday seems to be taking an eternity to come round and the thrilling prospect of the All Blacks at Twickenham. It just doesn't get any better πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ‘

mickysf replied on 10/11/2018 17:33

Posted on 10/11/2018 17:33

Oh so very nearly and yet so far away. Why? Well, in my view it's those quick feet and darting runs in tight and congested channels and the creativity this brings. The All Blacks do it so well. Not since Billy Whizz have we had such an exponent of the art. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to be considered that much in the English plans in my opinion.

Sad to see the very talented Christian Wade being lost to the 'third code' due to the lack of interest at the management level in the skill set and his perceived smaller stature.

Come on England, get creative! It's the little things which can make that difference.

Extugger replied on 11/11/2018 10:03

Posted on 11/11/2018 10:03

Arrrrgh! So near and yet so far! Brilliant first 38 minutes from England, but the class of the Blacks shows how quickly a deficit can be closed when you're looking forward to a half-time orange and you drop your concentration at this level.

Another poor decision not to kick a penalty (and keep the scoreboard ticking over) plus an attacking situation at the end of the game where panic set in, possibly cost England the game.

Shame the Maori TMO called the offside ( which it was) which would have lead to a probable win but more importantly, a try to cap a wonderful personal performance by Underhill.

Exciting stuff all the same - much more so than the dour game in Cardiff. Well done to Scotland & Ireland for their victories.

johndailey replied on 11/11/2018 11:13

Posted on 11/11/2018 11:13

I agree that England played well in most of the first half but we helped the all Blacks to get back in the game by poor kicking the ball out of hand plus constantly throwing the ball to Mario Itoje who was repeatedly beaten to it by Rettallack. I know that throwing the ball to the front of the lineout is not the best thing to do but at least we would have possession. Unfortunately we did not show enough patience at the end and Laws would have been better holding on to the ball. We could have won it with a drop goal or a penalty but you need possession to do that. Easy to be wise after the event I know but I feel that we could have won. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook