2023 Six Nations

nelliethehooker replied on 01/02/2023 21:39

Posted on 01/02/2023 21:39

Amid lots of controversy the championship starts on this weekend. Will Ireland live up to their World No.1 position or will it be France again? What are England's chances under their new coach Steve Borthwick, another series of "what might have been"? Can Warren Gatland inspire the Welsh player again to perform above expectations? Can Scotland at last deliver? Lots of questions to answered over the next few weeks....looking forward to them being answered.

nelliethehooker replied on 14/02/2023 19:29

Posted on 14/02/2023 18:57 by mickysf

Perceived of course!😳

Posted on 14/02/2023 19:29

Obviously!😁

I think that there was still too much kicking by Farrell, especially when on the attack close to the Italian's line. He should have relied more on the forwards going through the phases instead of pushing it for a quick score.

mickysf replied on 14/02/2023 20:05

Posted on 14/02/2023 20:05

Possibly, but the plan was plain and predictable. In my opinion the game lacked both interest and spectacle. Win at all cost being the order of the day, on this occasion it paid off, not so sure it will work against Ireland or France. I long for creativity and a proper running game but of course I would having been a back! Hated that 10 man game but realised it sometimes was required. As a scrum half it frustrated me when most of my game involved putting the ball into the scrum (correctly timed, straight and between of course) but some games it was productive and necessary according to those 8 forwards.🤣

nelliethehooker replied on 22/02/2023 22:06

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:06

After a very traumatic day at the Welsh Rugby HQ a compromise has been reached, which means that the Wales/England game goes ahead on Saturday. I wonder what all discussions/threat of strikes will have on the Welsh team.....Will it inspire them or will their heads be full of stuff no beneficial to playing a competitive game if rugby?

ABM replied on 22/02/2023 22:26

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:26

Not sure which way it will go this weekend, young Nellie, BUT if it gives Wales that little extra spur then It just might mean Brian wont dare pick up his cup of tea till well into the Break !!

Extugger replied on 23/02/2023 07:18

Posted on 23/02/2023 07:18

Obviously, I’m hoping that the Welsh players will have wished they’d retired, never mind considered going on strike, following the fixture! 

However, our friends on t’other side of Offa’s Dyke are renowned for putting in a performance against England and for me, it’s always the most eagerly anticipated game. Win or lose, there’s no better banter 👍 (and their singing isn’t bad either!)

ABM replied on 23/02/2023 09:27

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:06 by nelliethehooker

After a very traumatic day at the Welsh Rugby HQ a compromise has been reached, which means that the Wales/England game goes ahead on Saturday. I wonder what all discussions/threat of strikes will have on the Welsh team.....Will it inspire them or will their heads be full of stuff no beneficial to playing a competitive game if rugby?

Posted on 23/02/2023 09:27

Come on Nellie, it's England so they will be trying their damndest to drive us back up the motorway to at least Brummagum right from the kick--off. I certainly don't think the prop forwards will be waving big flags on sticks cool

mickysf replied on 23/02/2023 11:31

Posted on 22/02/2023 22:06 by nelliethehooker

Posted on 23/02/2023 11:31

No matter what, if the Welsh win we will be told it inspired them, if they loose, it will have been a distraction. England can’t ‘win’ that battle but they will win on the park! Now will I eat my words?😉

Extugger replied on 23/02/2023 19:30

Posted on 23/02/2023 09:18 by ABM

##  My, My, My, Ex--Tugger  ##

Posted on 23/02/2023 19:30

Diplomatic as ever Brian 😉😀👍

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook