2022- 6 Nations

mickysf replied on 28/01/2022 09:34

Posted on 28/01/2022 09:34

Well the contest is nearly upon us and the excitement is building. Predictions? For me I think England will do well, even with Farrell out. I hope Marcus Smith really shows us his creative skills. He’s got a good mentor in Jonny Wilkinson! The biggest test for them I think will be France. Bring the games on! . 

mickysf replied on 17/03/2022 10:16

Posted on 17/03/2022 10:16

I wonder what today’s team announcement will bring. Players out of position? Backs in the forwards, who knows! May not actually be Saturdays team to take the pitch. Steady Eddie may just play mind games as he often does and keep the French guessing. As I said in the leap post, this may be the top test gameπŸ‰πŸ€ͺ

mickysf replied on 17/03/2022 19:17

Posted on 17/03/2022 19:17

Well here it is!

England team to play France:
15. George Furbank

14. Freddie Steward

13. Joe Marchant

12. Henry Slade

11. Jack Nowell

10. Marcus Smith

9. Ben Youngs

1. Ellis Genge

2. Jamie George

3. Will Stuart

4. Maro Itoje

5. Nick Isiekwe

6. Courtney Lawes

7. Sam Underhill

8. Sam Simmonds

Finishers

16. Nic Dolly 

17. Joe Marler

18. Kyle Sinckler

19. Ollie Chessum

20. Alex Dombrandt 

21. Harry Randall

22. George Ford

23. Elliot Daly

Any thoughts?

ABM replied on 19/03/2022 22:24

Posted on 19/03/2022 22:24

Hmmmm, undecided,  at least they managed to avoid the drop !! but not as cheerful a sight as watching ITALEEE, ITALEEE, ITALEEE !  Only 36 -- 1 now,  or so I am led to understand  smile

Extugger replied on 20/03/2022 06:24

Posted on 20/03/2022 06:24

Travelled up just north of Wick yesterday and couldn’t believe what I was listening to! Later, having seen “the try of the Century” the cheering continued long into the night with Scots people of all ages. Needless to say I shall be eating pasta and pizza until next 6 Nations!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Absolutely brilliant how the tournament ended. Great game in Paris and as expected, Les Bleu worthy Grand Slam winners πŸ‘

Extugger replied on 20/03/2022 17:32

Posted on 20/03/2022 17:32

Didn’t see that Micky, but having seen your clip, yes, fantastic sportsmanship πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

nelliethehooker replied on 20/03/2022 21:02

Posted on 20/03/2022 21:02

Great sportsmanship from Josh Adams, doubt anything like that would happen in the round ball game at international level.money-mouth

The result table is as I expected, but what a great finish to the Welsh game. Italy fighting to the end and getting just rewards. With their under19's beating both England and Wales the Italians should not be undervalued in the future.

mickysf replied on 21/03/2022 09:25

Posted on 20/03/2022 21:02 by nelliethehooker

Great sportsmanship from Josh Adams, doubt anything like that would happen in the round ball game at international level.money-mouth

The result table is as I expected, but what a great finish to the Welsh game. Italy fighting to the end and getting just rewards. With their under19's beating both England and Wales the Italians should not be undervalued in the future.

Posted on 21/03/2022 09:25

As expected, Nellie? I’d expect much better of England to be honest. So what’s going wrong? Two things in my opinion. Firstly, the coaching staff, the best English coaches are coaching those sides which are at the top of that results table. Get Eddie and co. out and them in! Was easy, not so now!

Secondly we heard this weekend how strong junior club rugby is currently in France and growing fast in non traditional areas. In Italy rugby generally is on the ascendancy in popularity in both the Senior and Junior Clubs. In England this area stalled after that initial growth following on from success in 2003 and is now going backwards fast. 

Junior Clubs in Rugby are those grass roots clubs below the professional clubs, and they are ones the French and Italian Unions are particularly targeting for development, inclusion and growth. 

Somethings must change!

Fisherman replied on 21/03/2022 17:09

Posted on 21/03/2022 17:09

Just two things wrong with English rugby.Yuo must be lucky compared wih Wales where the whole structure is broken.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook