Why aren't all CLs on the website map?

pdes replied on 07/03/2017 20:41

Posted on 07/03/2017 20:41

I bet the answer is blindingly obvious bit I don't see why all CLs aren't shown on the club website map. There are loads on the paper map that aren't shown.  Does anyone know?  

And a suggestion for the Club administrators:

It would be so useful to be able to put a CL number directly into the website search. I spend a lot of time looking at the paper map but if I want to know about a site, for instance reviews and photos,  I have to get out my handbook, find the name of the site and then type it into the search box.

To be able to just type the site/page  number into he search box would be a great step forward in making searching and deciding where to go more efficient.

Cheers

Mod Comment - Moved from General Chat

MichaelT replied on 09/03/2017 10:24

Posted on 09/03/2017 10:24

Can you give some examples please?  Only logical reason I can think of is the web site is more up to date or vice versa but without examples its hard to say.

Takethedogalong replied on 09/03/2017 10:37

Posted on 09/03/2017 10:37

I understand fully what OP is indicating, because I and others have flagged this up on the snagging list.

If you choose to search for CLs via the map function, then not all CLs in the area are listed, only a random selection.

The best way of finding a CL at the moment in a specific area is to either know it's name and type in, or type in a town and see what that throws up! Although sadly already out of date for any new CLs, the handbook at the moment is the CL users best method of finding a new CL to try, backed up by reading more details on website.

I have actually had HQ get back to me telling me a CL I wanted to know about was no longer a CL and not on system. Book arrives, there it is first listed under closest town! Still a shambles, but a bit better than things were 3 months ago! 

Persevere if you love CLs and support the owners, none of this is their fault and they need members to continue to use them.smile

brue replied on 09/03/2017 13:23

Posted on 09/03/2017 13:23

When someone finds a possible CL and the reviews are missing it is extremely annoying to think that these still haven't been restored.

as an example   see here this a perfectly nice CL that we have used and the reviews have been lost. yell

Benji66 replied on 09/03/2017 13:50

Posted on 07/03/2017 20:41 by pdes

I bet the answer is blindingly obvious bit I don't see why all CLs aren't shown on the club website map. There are loads on the paper map that aren't shown.  Does anyone know?  

And a suggestion for the Club administrators:

It would be so useful to be able to put a CL number directly into the website search. I spend a lot of time looking at the paper map but if I want to know about a site, for instance reviews and photos,  I have to get out my handbook, find the name of the site and then type it into the search box.

To be able to just type the site/page  number into he search box would be a great step forward in making searching and deciding where to go more efficient.

Cheers

Mod Comment - Moved from General Chat

Posted on 09/03/2017 13:50

As an owner of one of the "missing" CL's I can assure you that I have flagged this up to the CL's department. It is incredibly frustrating but I am told that it is on the list to be fixed, as to a time scale I have no idea!!

If you search for Devon we do not appear if you search for North Devon we do!

http://hallsdownfarm.weebly.com/

Bakers2 replied on 09/03/2017 13:56

Posted on 09/03/2017 13:50 by Benji66

As an owner of one of the "missing" CL's I can assure you that I have flagged this up to the CL's department. It is incredibly frustrating but I am told that it is on the list to be fixed, as to a time scale I have no idea!!

If you search for Devon we do not appear if you search for North Devon we do!

http://hallsdownfarm.weebly.com/

Posted on 09/03/2017 13:56

I think CL's have been REALLY BADLY treated. Webpages and then rebranding.

What I think is worse is the lack of fixes, communications about them etc. At the rate things are going it'll be a season or two before its sorted by which time several may well have given up.

Please hang on in there, we users share your pain and frustration.

Bakers2 replied on 09/03/2017 18:51

Posted on 09/03/2017 18:51

Another thread running where poster is unable to leave a review. Apparently being told to login but he is 🙄

m0rrisman replied on 09/03/2017 20:34

Posted on 09/03/2017 20:34

I fully agree pdes but coupled with that why have they changed the numbers of the sites on the map from last year. A favorite site of mine in Wiltshire had a number (***) which now appears in sussex !

pdes replied on 10/03/2017 22:02

Posted on 09/03/2017 10:24 by MichaelT

Can you give some examples please?  Only logical reason I can think of is the web site is more up to date or vice versa but without examples its hard to say.

Posted on 10/03/2017 22:02

Take a look at the paper map around the Aldburgh area in Suffolk then take a look at the same area on the on-line map.  Yo will see a number of CLs missing.  If this is indicative of the overall accuracy of the map and if this is an ongoing problem, maybe the money spent on re-branding should have been spent elsewhere!

Takethedogalong replied on 11/03/2017 10:33

Posted on 11/03/2017 10:33

Most of the new website set up has been a retrograde exercise, with a few exceptions. The CL area in particular has been badly put together, much to the frustration of both owners and CL users, and HQ has a huge ongoing task at the moment, firefighting to make it more user friendly and to provide even the correct basic information. It is an area that would have most IT depts hanging their heads in shame, but hey ho, it is providing lots of work for button clickers.

On the plus side, the rebranding exercise has superseded the IT fiasco and taken a bit of the pressure away from how dire the website is compared with some aspects of the old website. The word progress has been redefined a couple of times by the Club so far this year, depending upon your point of view!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook