What modern technology amazes you?

Kennine replied on 08/02/2017 12:43

Posted on 08/02/2017 12:43

Good Opening Post. 

In my case I am amazed by driverless cars.  -- Doesn't mean that I think they are safe, But it's a good bit of technology.

Cheers......................K 

Cornersteady replied on 08/02/2017 13:34

Posted on 08/02/2017 13:34

A memory card around the size of my thumb in my 25MP camera can store over 7000 photographs that can have enough resolution to be easily be printed A4 (or bigger if I had a bigger printer) at home in minutes. For someone who remembers 36 exposure film and a week's wait at Boots (and I thought one hour printing was pretty good) this never ceases to amaze me!

DSB replied on 08/02/2017 14:43

Posted on 08/02/2017 14:43

The Internet generally.  The ability to share information. e.g. I share my diary with my wife and vice versa (through Google).  If I am out and about and need to add something to the diary, I can see at a glance if there is anything else going on (either in my diary or my wife's).  I can add something to the diary and my wife knows instantly although I might be 200 miles away - she can do the same.  Furthermore,  I can share appropriate bits of my diary with other people who need to know and I can pick up the appropriate bits of other people's diary.  e.g. I can see instantly if my parish priest has added a funeral or wedding to his diary when he is likely to want me to play the organ.  I can then add copy it to my diary - he can then see if I have added it, to make sure I have it down - it minimises errors and is a very efficient way of working.  Gone are the days of a calendar pinned to the fridge door - it all comes up on my phone instantly!  (as do emails, texts, messenger messages, new appropriate facebook posts and twitter tweets!!!)

David

allanandjean replied on 08/02/2017 17:46

Posted on 08/02/2017 17:46

I agree with all the above but as I think electricity is akin to magic that's no surprise!

Calendars that update across devices are good and even better for me is the same thing with pictures.

I do think that we have all become so used to the next great thing 'techy' thing that we hardly notice what is possible but, if I had to choose what does amaze me, it would in medicine and surgery.

cyberyacht replied on 08/02/2017 17:51

Posted on 08/02/2017 17:51

The way food appears on the table. I think it must be wifi as I never see any trailing cables. wink

Bugs replied on 08/02/2017 20:34

Posted on 08/02/2017 20:34

Social Media - being able to chew the fat with fellow human beings and bypass the selective spin on "news" offered by the mainstream media.

Youtube - 'nuff said!

Virtual Reality - wow!

The speed at which technology is developing - and as a result how quickly the devices we buy and the software we use becomes old or out of date.

Bugs

Goldie146 replied on 08/02/2017 22:05

Posted on 08/02/2017 22:05

The "enquire  within"  nature of the Internet. All that stuff out there, just at the click of a mouse.

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 08/02/2017 22:41

Posted on 08/02/2017 22:41

Bluetooth/NFC, I can have my device 30' away set to play my downloads yet I sit with B/tooth headphones listening to the music I've setcool. Touching my Camera on my Tablet to transfer a whole bunch of photos. Astounding technology, & it just gets bettersmile

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook