What can you see from your van/MH window?

Oneputt replied on 04/08/2017 14:11

Posted on 04/08/2017 14:11

Whilst it's raining thought I would keep amused by really looking at the surrounding area.  We can see a small fishing boat on Loch Creran, clouds spilling over the tops of the surrounding hills.  Chaffinch, wagtails, dunnock, robins and sparrows fliting around CL. In field in front of us Greylag, Canada geese grazing whilst a small flock of Oyster Catchers are having a quick dig for worms/grubs.  

What can you see from your van/MH?

Wherenext replied on 04/08/2017 15:24

Posted on 04/08/2017 15:24

At home this week, OP, but not long back from the Peak District and I was thrilled with the view we had from our window. The CL we were on sloped a bit but we parked near the bottom end of the slope and so had a view that was framed by the tree trunks of Maple trees. It looked like a painting and was every bit as good as anything you will see hanging on a wall in an art gallery, well it was to me. The dry stone walls cut the fields into various pleasing shapes and the different hues of green, especially when the sun hit them, made you realise that there is more than one green, plus some of the fields were brown or various shades of it depending if they had been used for sileage and cut. There were distant hills and one could see the Dark Peak in the very distant, all in a dark haze. Even when it rained it was magical.  The Peaks and the sights in the Lakes make may well up occasionally, so beautiful are they. Although I love touring abroad there is nothing quite like it.

There was a small barbed wire fence by the van and a gap of about 5 feet to the stone wall. This had been left to wild grasses and flowers, such as umbellifers and cow parsley and every day we watched a small flock of immature Blue Tits foraging through it. They were always accompanied by 2 immature Willow Warblers that we were able to watch at no more than 2 feet from the window.

When we wanted some fun we could watch the 30 or so Heifers wandering the owners fields and occasionally they would peer over the wall at us in our house on wheels.

All in all a wonderful advert for anyone who wanted their soul filling.

ggregu replied on 04/08/2017 15:56

Posted on 04/08/2017 15:56

Across to RNAS Culdrose airfield and 4 buzzards swooping around on the breeze. Gorgeous day here on the Lizard!

Bakers2 replied on 04/08/2017 16:05

Posted on 04/08/2017 16:05

Wherenext it sounds as though it was idyllic.

Oneputt it may be raining but there's still something to watch in nature and it's generally ever changing. Soon it will stop raining 😉

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook