What are you up to in Lockdown

rkj52 replied on 28/03/2020 18:49

Posted on 28/03/2020 18:49

So trying to add a positive theme on lockdown, what have you all been upto at home in this period

Takethedogalong replied on 28/03/2020 20:40

Posted on 28/03/2020 20:40

We have luckily had a great week of weather, so every day has been a gardening day. Turned cold today though, so catching up with family and friends. Might clear a table and set up a jigsaw to have half an hour a day on, something we haven’t done for decades. OH has got a smart cycling app, so attic is exercise area. He rode Tavistock to Princeton, on to Postbridge this afternoon! Low case numbers at moment in our immediate area, so dog is still getting a lonely walk in our local park, we tend only to see specks in the distance. Full sanitise on leaving and getting home. Usually have a brief chat at a good distance with one or two neighbours, check all is ok.  Pottering around, reading, looking at recipes for meals (delicious homemade spicy parsnip soup today, made by OH) Spend time making a little video to send to Mum and Sister. All good stuff, we are never bored.

KjellNN replied on 28/03/2020 21:15

Posted on 28/03/2020 21:15

Mainly woodwork so far, a present for our son's 50th in May, and next,  an identical one for his wife's  brother's 50th in August.  A few small repairs around the house otherwise.

OH is making a list, so there will be plenty to keep me busy!

A bit of tidying also done so far, but a lot more to come.

Cornersteady replied on 28/03/2020 21:17

Posted on 28/03/2020 21:17

Disrupted briefly but have sort of got into a routine, breakfast reading, various things on the computer, till about 10, then various jobs around the house, garden and garage, normally I'm the sort that wants to get a job finished in one big go but this will last a long time so take time over things, lunch watching something, then a long afternoon walk (from home), high tea, then reading, dinner about 6 or even later now. Read, watch tv bed then repeat.

I've got a few special project to start, for example I want to get my old Hanimex slide projector out of the loft and watch some slides then start to scan them in, this will take a long time as I started in 1978!

no one replied on 28/03/2020 21:48

Posted on 28/03/2020 21:48

I have settled in to a routine of the novelty of 'working' from home, pretty difficult considering I teach practical marine engineering!Then from middayish I've been catching up with bits and bobs around the house, last couple of days I've been working on the Motorhome treating surface rust and spray painting where needed (it is a 25 year old Renault after all!) I also wired in an EHU from my Motorcycle shed I have out front, so now I have a 'proper' 16 amp hook up for the Motorhome rather than extension leads (if I need to isolate away from my Hi risk wife this could  be my home).then back to 'work' at 3pm in case I've missed somthing.

As I normally work away this forced time at home is going to give me time to catch up on all those jobs I promised to do but never found the time........now where did I put the lawnmower last year!

brue replied on 29/03/2020 11:03

Posted on 29/03/2020 11:03

A sensible plan. wink

I'm not doing any more than usual at home but I do miss going out further afield, just a cup of coffee and a cake somewhere else would be good. smile

warder54 replied on 29/03/2020 11:07

Posted on 29/03/2020 11:07

Took the chance to repair the potholes in our drive(1/4 mile long!!) it had been damaged by heavy vehicles during major renovations over a couple of years. Took 300Kg of pothole repair tarmac to fill them all.

Now that's done we are just catching up around the house and walking our dog Porthos, who is missing his agility training and competitions - 5 1st places last year in his first season of competing at 2 shows, not bad for a Beagle

Metheven replied on 29/03/2020 11:13

Posted on 29/03/2020 11:13

I got the paint, brushes, filler etc for the kitchen over a week ago when we had a little more freedom and the DIY shops were open. Each day I ponder in the kitchen on what and how to attack it, but haven't the enthusiasm to start as yet.

So decorating I suppose, then continued attendance in the garden, woodwork of the detached garage needs painting, just mundane jobs in between the main ones and that's passing time on the computer, TV and reading the books I gathered from charity shops that I planned to read whilst away in the caravan.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook