Water supply problem

George and Dawn replied on 28/07/2023 07:26

Posted on 28/07/2023 07:26

Hi All

So we arrived for our 4th outing in our new van. Bermuda Buccaneer.

Doing usual set up. When the pump in the aqua roll seemed to be making a lot of noise. Yet producing nothing.

No matter what setting on switch’s tsps would run low pressure then stop. Fully.

Fiddled with switch positions then suddenly got the internal tank to start to fill. Got to 10% then stopped. Water ran. Good pressure. Low pressure. Stop. Tried all combinations on the switches then the internal tank filled another approximately 10%. Stop. Water pressure good. Low. Stop. Again different configurations. Same process . 
no matter what I do every thing seems to just work momentarily then sort of stop. Setting up after hours and now early morning so a dealer chat is not available atm. Can anyone help. We are getting thirsty lol 

young thomas replied on 28/07/2023 08:55

Posted on 28/07/2023 08:55

First thing.....Fill a jug from the outside tap and have a cuppa!πŸ‘

I know nothing about barrels and pumps but know much about the virtues of teaπŸ˜‰

hope you get it sorted, perhaps a neighbour or the warden van help?

good luck.

Cornersteady replied on 28/07/2023 13:43

Posted on 28/07/2023 13:43

Previous posts like this have mentioned, taking the pump out and shake it as there might be an airlock, make sure the prump is all the way down into the aquaroll, drain everything and start again in case of an air lock somewhere in the system. Also have you closed the drain valve for the hot water tank? 

I assume you know if the pump is at the end of the pipe into the aquaroll and not internal (I'm sure you do) and then maybe but unlikely the pump has failed? We had that once. 

With a new van it's best to do exactly as the instructions say, not saying your're not just tyring to help.

You could ask the wardens or anyone else on site with a similar caravan, or if your dealer can't help a mobile engineer might?

Let us know what happened?

Burgundy replied on 28/07/2023 14:52

Posted on 28/07/2023 14:52

Whale watermaster pumps should be inserted into aquaroll first & then connected to inlet socket other wise you get an airlock. This could be your problem.

RogerP1956 replied on 28/07/2023 15:38

Posted on 28/07/2023 15:38

Later in the day now but I wondered how you were getting on.

depending on age a Bermuda is likely to have an external Whale pump in the Aquaroll with an IP adaptor in the side of the van. I have been plagued with similar water problems in my Crusader Storm and I would not rule out failure of the pump. If you are near to an accessory shop I suggest you get one, You will need it one day!!

Check for leaks at the inlet adaptor the O rings can fail and this leads to loss of pressure.

The other problem I have found is that the IP inlet socket needs calibrating, for no apparent reason. There should be calibration instructions in the caravan user manual, or on Whale website.

Let us know how you get on.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook