Watch home CCTV on iPad.

mylosdad replied on 11/04/2017 17:57

Posted on 11/04/2017 17:57

Hi

I have 4 CCTV cameras at home which I can view on my PC monitor.

I would like to be able to view the images on my ipad whist I am away from home.

I have tried some Apps from the App store without success, probably  because I am not sure what to do to set it up.

Can any body advise?

Thanks

John

KjellNN replied on 11/04/2017 20:10

Posted on 11/04/2017 20:10

You probably need to find an app made for your CCTV system where you can input login details for for the system You might find details in the user manual which should have come with the system or available on line from makers/seller website. I have a system with one camera, the user manual described how to connect all up, and the iPhone app was installed from the AppleStore.

mylosdad replied on 11/04/2017 20:37

Posted on 11/04/2017 20:37

Thanks, yes it is connected to the modem via Ethernet cable.

I have had it working previously and been able to see what my nasty neighbour has been up to while I am away. However, Apple removed the App from the App Store, so it stopped working.

SteveL replied on 12/04/2017 10:32

Posted on 12/04/2017 10:32

On our system the app is specific to the camera. To set up there is a switch on the camera labelled camera / set up. I downloaded the app, powered up the camera and put the switch to set up. I then went to the settings menu on the pad and selected the camera from the drop down list of available wifi connections. This linked the pad to the camera for set up. I then fired up the app and followed the instructions to configure the camera and create an account. At the end of the procedure the switch on the camera is moved back to camera and you are ready to go. The camera can then be viewed on the app, or a web site, wherever you have an internet connection, by logging on to your account. Once one camera is set up others can be added to the account in a similar manner.

I do not know but would think most systems would be similar and need a dedicated app. 

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook