Vax blade vac

kalamitty55 replied on 01/12/2022 19:19

Posted on 01/12/2022 19:19

We have owned a vax blade 32v, for a few years as its outside warranty,  within 12 months the brush bar ceased to work, on contacting vax they sent a replacement,  that lasted till warranty ran out, so on number three, at £59 costs, had to buy as out of warranty, then yesterday that packed up the brush didn't turn when switched on, so after much searching it seems its a common problem, however i did find someone who had fixed his and had the photos on youtube to show where the problem is. if anyone else has a blade that the brush doesn't turn heres how its done, disconect the brush housing from the tube and turn upside down remove three screws where the pin connectors are and one of the wires will be broke so needs replacing and soldering onto the pins and then replace parts and check it works,  its low voltage so as long as you can join wiring soldering its fixable instead of replacing, i did get in touch with vax to inform them its a design fault, but they just said its out of warranty.  so when it does finally give up it will be a differnt make for us.

DavidKlyne replied on 01/12/2022 22:05

Posted on 01/12/2022 22:05

We have one of those and we have been pleased with it. Mind you the original battery failed very early on but Vax replaced it with a more powerful one. Always useful to learn of fixes and as you say YouTube is very useful when looking for fixes, I have been surprised at what I have been able to do having learnt about it is some peoples video.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook