UBER

artyboo replied on 14/10/2018 17:14

Posted on 14/10/2018 17:14

I am considering using UBER in London next weekend.

Does anyone have any experience of them? Pros? Cons.

I have downloaded the app but I am a little cautious.

Tubes and buses would be a nightmare trying to get my husband about so I thought this might be an option 

DavidKlyne replied on 14/10/2018 17:38

Posted on 14/10/2018 17:38

I have used it once and thought that it was brilliant. You set up an payment method so no need to worry about having cash at the arrival point. After the ride you get an e-mail inviting you to add a tip should you want to but this is easy to refuse. With UBER the prices vary depending on time of day and how busy the drivers are but it does warn you of this when you start the booking process. I still reckon they would be cheaper than a Black Cab!

David

JVB66 replied on 14/10/2018 19:47

Posted on 14/10/2018 19:47

We have a Black cab driver local to us,and he (a bit anti but?)if useing uber with any disability, to be carefull

Wanderbirds replied on 16/10/2018 15:01

Posted on 14/10/2018 19:58 by DavidKlyne

Artyboo

This link might be useful to you https://accessibility.uber.com/ If your husband can access a car reasonably easily I doubt it would be a big problem. 

David

Posted on 16/10/2018 15:01

Hello David,

Didn’t Valda get sensured for adding a link to a commercial van hire site? Heavy handed I thought. Thought Uber where a commercial enterprise. Watch out for big brother.

Kennine replied on 16/10/2018 16:16

Posted on 16/10/2018 16:16

We don't ever use Uber. Too many bad reports. We always use a brilliant local taxi company in West Lothian, they have an easily remembered nickname, (not permitted to say it on here).

When in Edinburgh or Glasgow we always use the Black Cabs. 

smile

replied on 16/10/2018 16:44

Posted on 16/10/2018 16:16 by Kennine

We don't ever use Uber. Too many bad reports. We always use a brilliant local taxi company in West Lothian, they have an easily remembered nickname, (not permitted to say it on here).

When in Edinburgh or Glasgow we always use the Black Cabs. 

smile

Posted on 16/10/2018 16:44

That should prove very useful in London then

DavidKlyne replied on 16/10/2018 21:12

Posted on 16/10/2018 15:01 by Wanderbirds

Hello David,

Didn’t Valda get sensured for adding a link to a commercial van hire site? Heavy handed I thought. Thought Uber where a commercial enterprise. Watch out for big brother.

Posted on 16/10/2018 21:12

There is no issue with bringing to attention of fellow members a commercial company that might be of use to them. Over promotion of an organisation might well be against the T&C's. BTW Val's post is still there for all to see. Given the circumstances of the original poster, which you may not be aware of, posting details of accessability for disabled passengers  to a cab companies taxis is hardly promoting a commercial company but what it does do is help a member trying to cope with the mobility issues of her partner?

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook