The Pointless Page

replied on 03/04/2018 06:02

Posted on 02/04/2018 18:10 by SteveL

Possibly, if they would accept that. Although as he already has his insurance, currently they would have to accept a quote done at a later time. That's why I put perhaps not as easy as it seems. Yes if you were taking out the insurance it would make sense to do one without the premium, generated with the same date.

Posted on 03/04/2018 06:02

That's right, SteveL. My existing insurance has another 8 months to go before renewal is due. Also my existing insurer reduced the premium from £1400 to £1200 after taking into account the part-time work mileage since starting work with Pizza Hut.

SteveL replied on 03/04/2018 08:02

Posted on 03/04/2018 08:02

It's worth asking though M how you go about claiming. Even though it might be pointless. You never know it might just be a fixed sum, a generalised average, and not related to what you actually pay. Unlikely, but if you don't ask.....

replied on 03/04/2018 09:36

Posted on 03/04/2018 08:02 by SteveL

It's worth asking though M how you go about claiming. Even though it might be pointless. You never know it might just be a fixed sum, a generalised average, and not related to what you actually pay. Unlikely, but if you don't ask.....

Posted on 03/04/2018 09:36

It could be just Road Traffic Act cover for business use. If so I will still need to pay the additional premium for comprehensive cover.  Many drivers there use very old cars that are not worth much and so may not need fully comprehensive cover. What I do know is that the company requires you to have your own insurance as well which they keep a copy of and remind you when it's due for renewal.

Swifty2018 replied on 03/04/2018 14:45

Posted on 03/04/2018 09:36 by

It could be just Road Traffic Act cover for business use. If so I will still need to pay the additional premium for comprehensive cover.  Many drivers there use very old cars that are not worth much and so may not need fully comprehensive cover. What I do know is that the company requires you to have your own insurance as well which they keep a copy of and remind you when it's due for renewal.

Posted on 03/04/2018 14:45

You won't know until you ask.

replied on 05/04/2018 20:52

Posted on 05/04/2018 20:52

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

replied on 06/04/2018 08:04

Posted on 06/04/2018 08:04

I'll need to go to Tesco in store pharmacy to collect my new medications. It should be ready by now, so hopefully, it won't be pointless going there!

redface replied on 06/04/2018 15:58

Posted on 06/04/2018 15:58

Have you reached the stage, like me, that you need a wheelbarrow to go to the Chemist and get the medicines home?

Wherenext replied on 06/04/2018 16:00

Posted on 06/04/2018 16:00

Had a nice Pointless couple of days.

Got an email from our email supplier saying that they will be closing the service down at the end of this month for good, so over the last few days I've been accessing various accounts that we hold to change our personal details. Over 40 addresses for companies of one sort or another have been changed stating that the change should take effect immediately.

Opened my old account to see if there were any that I have missed and I have over 15 emails from those same companies that I changed thanking me for notifying them but oblivious to the irony of confirming on the old account! 

I was thinking of standardising, as much as one can, our passwords but I haven't got the willpower. 

cyberyacht replied on 06/04/2018 16:50

Posted on 06/04/2018 15:58 by redface

Have you reached the stage, like me, that you need a wheelbarrow to go to the Chemist and get the medicines home?

Posted on 06/04/2018 16:50

It's the amount of space it all takes up when you travel as we are always being advised to carry all medications with us. Gone are the days when you chucked a few paracetamol and a a packet of elastoplast in the case as a precaution.

brue replied on 06/04/2018 17:20

Posted on 06/04/2018 16:00 by Wherenext

Had a nice Pointless couple of days.

Got an email from our email supplier saying that they will be closing the service down at the end of this month for good, so over the last few days I've been accessing various accounts that we hold to change our personal details. Over 40 addresses for companies of one sort or another have been changed stating that the change should take effect immediately.

Opened my old account to see if there were any that I have missed and I have over 15 emails from those same companies that I changed thanking me for notifying them but oblivious to the irony of confirming on the old account! 

I was thinking of standardising, as much as one can, our passwords but I haven't got the willpower. 

Posted on 06/04/2018 17:20

We have to use a book of passwords, made worse by some of them being frequently changed. We hope our children can decipher them if ever  needed. Probably pointless! wink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook