The Pointless Page

replied on 26/03/2018 08:52

Posted on 26/03/2018 08:52

For me, the lighter evenings are definitely NOT pointless. It's a whole lot easier to do deliveries and find addresses in the daylight!

cariadon replied on 26/03/2018 08:59

Posted on 25/03/2018 18:28 by brue

Just about to shut mine down too and enjoy a lighter evening. smilesmile

Posted on 26/03/2018 08:59

I love we have lighter evenings, mean I can spend longer in the garden, or lovely evening walks, and when touring I love sitting outside in the evening with a glass of wine and watching the sun set,

Oneputt replied on 26/03/2018 09:03

Posted on 26/03/2018 09:03

Gave the car a really good clean last week unfortunately we have had thousands of Starlings roosting close to the house and their evening murmurations  have made cleaning pointless, hopefully they are gathering before migrating.  Still nice to see them.

Bakers2 replied on 26/03/2018 09:08

Posted on 26/03/2018 09:03 by Oneputt

Gave the car a really good clean last week unfortunately we have had thousands of Starlings roosting close to the house and their evening murmurations  have made cleaning pointless, hopefully they are gathering before migrating.  Still nice to see them.

Posted on 26/03/2018 09:08

Shame about the car but how lucky to have murmurations outside your front door πŸ˜†.

Years ago, before they removed disused overheard wires we were treated to a beautiful show on winter evenings - I miss that. 😒

Bakers2 replied on 26/03/2018 09:14

Posted on 26/03/2018 09:14

My pointless task for the day- well one of several I expect πŸ˜‚, to vac through and dust our house. It's not been done since before Christmas πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚. So the last good attack wasn't as pointless as usual. I've run out of other return jobs so it can't be avoided any longer. Sun is shining beautifully which is delightful but it is making the conservatory windows look awful. Why does snow leave them so marked? I hope the window cleaner comes round soon, but probably pointless wish because of the forecast. 

Takethedogalong replied on 26/03/2018 11:25

Posted on 26/03/2018 11:25

Glorious day here, anspd some real warmth in the sun. Dog walk, garden today methinks.......

Oneputt replied on 26/03/2018 11:31

Posted on 26/03/2018 11:31

Just. Back from opticians, all ok πŸ‘ŒπŸ» no new glasses required so that’s not pointlessπŸ‘€

Wherenext replied on 27/03/2018 15:39

Posted on 27/03/2018 15:39

Had a note through the door the other day warning us that the water supply was going to be turned off early this morning whilst they connected up the supply to the new homes being built.

So we got up an hour earlier and had our shower and breakfast and toddled off to the shop for the paper. On the way back we met an engineer from the water company. He was trying to get the lid off the grid as it was stuck, so water not turned off until well past our normal getting up time. So completely pointless but we did seem to get ahead of ourselves for the rest of the morning.

replied on 28/03/2018 03:19

Posted on 27/03/2018 15:39 by Wherenext

Had a note through the door the other day warning us that the water supply was going to be turned off early this morning whilst they connected up the supply to the new homes being built.

So we got up an hour earlier and had our shower and breakfast and toddled off to the shop for the paper. On the way back we met an engineer from the water company. He was trying to get the lid off the grid as it was stuck, so water not turned off until well past our normal getting up time. So completely pointless but we did seem to get ahead of ourselves for the rest of the morning.

Posted on 28/03/2018 03:19

Perhaps there is some point in getting away in the caravan when that kind of thing happens, Wherenext. Thankfully, there's no problem of water supply interruption here on the club site.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook