Stroke - A year on

artyboo replied on 25/02/2018 18:53

Posted on 25/02/2018 18:53

Many of you have been so supportive over the past year with advice as I have been ‘doing things’ on my own for the first time: my lovely boy had a stroke around this time last year.

i haven’t been on the site for a while given that he had another major ‘episode’ a month ago tomorrow. 

‘He was in ICU for 3 weeks, now thankfully out and on the stroke ward again. There does not seem to be any more stroke damage; he was having endless seizures which required induced coma, he got pneumonia then things really deteriorated.

He seems to be over the worst but I have been advised that he will need months of rehab so that has buggered our summer trips up👹 this year.

It was actually going really well. We were enjoying regular breaks to France, even taking the dogs. He was developing with his speech etc etc and things were looking up.

Once again, thanks all for the support you gave, I have no doubt I will on here again screaming for help when the time comes.

huskydog replied on 25/02/2018 19:03

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:03

Hi arty , the main thing is you still have each other and you can always come on here for a chat ( or let off some steam) at any time . Perhaps later you can have a day in the M/H by the seaside laughing

replied on 25/02/2018 19:44

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:44

Hang in there the pair of you and love to both

Alan

Metheven replied on 25/02/2018 19:53

Posted on 25/02/2018 19:53

I wish him and yourself the very best smile and any help we can give even if only moral support, we will.

Takethedogalong replied on 25/02/2018 20:12

Posted on 25/02/2018 20:12

I echo what others have said Arty, we had a swine of a year last year as well. Stay strong, make small plans, take each day as it comes, and don't forget to look after yourself as well.smile

DavidKlyne replied on 26/02/2018 10:30

Posted on 26/02/2018 10:30

Artyboo

Sorry to hear your news but I hope things continue to improve. I had always thought you were very courageous in your travel adventures given the circumstances. Fingers crossed that it won't be too long before you can start making plans again.

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook