Seacroft unwanted guests

ColDeb replied on 20/08/2017 18:07

Posted on 20/08/2017 18:07

There's been reporting on the local regional news both paper website, radio & TV about disturbances in & around Cromer over the weekend. Seacroft site was named as somewhere that had to call police in emergency. Hope all those staying at this site & the wardens were not affected by the unwanted guests that reportedly arrived en mass at the clubhouse facilities.

Kennine replied on 21/08/2017 10:02

Posted on 21/08/2017 10:02

What type of "Unwanted Guests" are you talking about ColDeb ?. You don't make it very clear in your post.

ColDeb replied on 21/08/2017 18:29

Posted on 21/08/2017 18:29

Yes Oneputt you're correct. Who they were has been widely reported in both the local and national news.

tigerfish replied on 22/08/2017 01:05

Posted on 22/08/2017 01:05

The real problem here is that our govt has given incredible rights to invade land, to pitch caravans where if we did it we would feel the full weight of the law, but they can do it with impunity!

Not on! And whereas where I as the local rural Sgt in the Mid seventies would have had them on their way in a few days, my colleagues of today will spend most of their time trying to explain why they are not taking any action!  As much use as a Chocolate Fire Guard!

The Law is the law!  If chains and locks are destroyed by the use of a chain cropper, the excuse about failing to take any action because no one can identify the culprit is a bit  weak. What happened to the duty to investigate the crime?  Arrest the Bl**DY lot, hold them until someone comes clean!  Do your duty!  Thats what I did!  And they moved on!

TF

Oneputt replied on 22/08/2017 08:45

Posted on 22/08/2017 08:45

Passed a convoy of caravans on the M62 a couple of months ago, most of the vans weren't displaying number plates and others had number plates that didn't match the car, You can bet if I forgot to change my number plate or ran without one I would be hauled ASAP.

tigerfish replied on 22/08/2017 11:00

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:00

Again, The current Police Policy appears to allow travellers to get away with practically everything. But prosecute the law abiding public for doing the same thing.

I accept that minority groups like genuine Romany's are dedicated to a nomadic way of life. But 90% of the travellers today are not Romanies, but just groups of people who live in caravans, do cheap but poor tarmacking jobs or tree cutting, leaving rubbish strewn about where they have been staying. And pay no taxes at all!  Its time for the Govt  to stop hiding behind ridiculous "Human Rights" legislation and start to consider the rights of the law abiding majority a bit more!

Its also time for the Police to get real, and realise that the public are rapidly getting fed up with their unwillingness to take action against Travellers who break the law!

TF

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook