Poo bags

Whittakerr replied on 21/08/2017 18:43

Posted on 21/08/2017 18:43

just watching a report on TV about plans by Manchester Council are thinking of introducing a scheme to fine dog owners who are out with their dog and are not carrying any poo bags to clean up after their pet.

the report said opinion seems to be 50 50 for and against.

whats your thoughts?

replied on 21/08/2017 18:54

Posted on 21/08/2017 18:54

The user and all related content has been Deleted User

Rocky 2 buckets replied on 21/08/2017 19:48

Posted on 21/08/2017 19:48

If you ain't got bags but you do have a Dog(s) with you then you are not going to pick upfrown. I'd say it's well thought out, fine em. I've never known anyone(friends) who has Dogs but don't carry bags. I have them in coats, pants, vehicle. I'm the norm, not the exception. Yup-fine em big.

Pippah45 replied on 21/08/2017 19:49

Posted on 21/08/2017 19:49

I have them everywhere - in the laundry room so they don't get washed bedroom where I have emptied pockets and so it goes on - it would be very unlucky if I got caught without them and neither should any other dog owner.  Can't see it being enforced though with the cuts.  undecided  Although perhaps it would save money on the clear up. 

It's amazing what they can be used for too!  Very useful at the pumps when gloves have run out!  Definitely the most bizarre use I put them too was helping my niece setting up  a fundraising Barn Dance for Breast Cancer research - my job was counting the sweeties - not for a jar - but for an enormous bra!  If memory serves there were almost 400 sweeties wrapped in pooh bags and stuff in a bra which was worn by my brother in law for people to guess!  Very popular side show it was too.  surprisedlaughingcool

Bakers2 replied on 21/08/2017 19:58

Posted on 21/08/2017 19:58

We only have a dog part time, much more part time these days too 😢 but most coat pockets have some in. I miss them in trouser pockets as like Pippah they have so many uses especially harvesting nature's bounty but not in the way she's mentioned 😉.

Wholeheartedly agree anyone with a dog without poo bags ain't gonna pick up 😤. Our parish councils and the city council offer poo bags for free so no excuse about expense.

Tinwheeler replied on 21/08/2017 22:35

Posted on 21/08/2017 22:35

We were booking in on a privately owned caravan site once and were asked if we had any dogs. We said we had one. The next question was did we have poo bags and both of us automatically put our hands in our pockets and produced bags.

The result was that we weren't charged for our dog but would have been if we hadn't had bags as that would have indicated we weren't likely to pick up.

It's a similar scenario to the proposed fine and I say go for it. Responsible dog owners have nothing to fear.

scoutman replied on 22/08/2017 08:36

Posted on 22/08/2017 08:36

We never go anywhere with our dog without poo bags, which we then dispose of responsibly in dog bins or take home. However, it really annoys me about the numbers of bags left laying in the gutter or hanging in hedges etc. Wise up people, the Poo Fairies don't exist.

DavidKlyne replied on 22/08/2017 11:20

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:20

Wasn't someone, the other week, promoting the idea of moving dog poo into the undergrowth so it would rot away naturally rather than use all those bags? It would seem a sensible solution if circumstances allowed but I would imagine it would be against current laws. Having got rid of plastic bags for shopping people seem to be using poo bags in far greater numbers? I am not a dog owner so don't know/appreciate the finer details.

David

Bakers2 replied on 22/08/2017 11:54

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:20 by DavidKlyne

Wasn't someone, the other week, promoting the idea of moving dog poo into the undergrowth so it would rot away naturally rather than use all those bags? It would seem a sensible solution if circumstances allowed but I would imagine it would be against current laws. Having got rid of plastic bags for shopping people seem to be using poo bags in far greater numbers? I am not a dog owner so don't know/appreciate the finer details.

David

Posted on 22/08/2017 11:54

In open countryside it is possible to stick it and flick it 😉. Can you imagine this in a town setting where everywhere is concrete? Or on the lixal park where he children play? We only buy biodegradable ones. But I have wondered what happened to all the creatures who's job it is to dispose of the pool- they'll be like the bees 😉 . So having killed them off by starvation or chemicals we have to import youngsters and build up numbers again.

Really it's all part of being a responsible dog owner.

How many of us plunge our hand into soil to find cat poo? It's not possible to control where cats go unless you keep a litter tray, but neighbours cats still visit 😉. We used to have cats for years bit once they went we wanted our freedom 😂. These days no cats and too few visits from our part time dog means lots of cat visitors. Such is life 🙄

replied on 22/08/2017 12:07

Posted on 22/08/2017 12:07

The user and all related content has been Deleted User
near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook