Pity those Londoners

IanH replied on 10/01/2017 19:33

Posted on 10/01/2017 19:33

Saw on the news all the wailing and moaning about the difficulty of getting into work for those living in London.

If it helps -

- We have no Tube system round our way.

- The nearest station is 5 miles away, with about one train per hour, going to two towns that I never go to.

- I think there are a few buses each day, not sure where they go to.

But somehow, we manage.

JCB4X4 replied on 10/01/2017 19:56

Posted on 10/01/2017 19:56

The United Kingdoms of :-

LONDON, England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland

Not necessarily in that order but always LONDON first.

JCB4X4 replied on 10/01/2017 20:18

Posted on 10/01/2017 19:56 by JCB4X4
Content has been removed.

Posted on 10/01/2017 20:18

undecided 2nd post not intended

DavidKlyne replied on 10/01/2017 20:26

Posted on 10/01/2017 19:33 by IanH

Saw on the news all the wailing and moaning about the difficulty of getting into work for those living in London.

If it helps -

- We have no Tube system round our way.

- The nearest station is 5 miles away, with about one train per hour, going to two towns that I never go to.

- I think there are a few buses each day, not sure where they go to.

But somehow, we manage.

Posted on 10/01/2017 20:26

I am sure Londoners will appreciate your sympathy as you clearly have no perception of how difficult it is to get to work in London without public transport. Using a car, which most people outside London would use, is not an option. If the Underground is not working buses can't make up the capacity. Even within London it can take a hour to get to work when everything is working so not much fun for all those people responsible for providing a quarter of the UK's wealth? As for people moaning about it perhaps we all would if our jobs were at risk?

David

Hakinbush replied on 11/01/2017 08:00

Posted on 11/01/2017 08:00

Its times like this I just love being retired...

Kennine replied on 11/01/2017 09:47

Posted on 11/01/2017 09:47

A previous poster posted  Quote :-

"The United Kingdoms of :-

Not necessarily in that order but always LONDON first"  end quote..

Strangely enough, we who don't live in London just get on with our lives when difficulties occur. There is always a way round transport challenges as has been seen year after year.in the rest of the country. We can all adapt to a temporary break in routine  

Seemingly not in London.  

Cheers..................K

moulesy replied on 11/01/2017 11:57

Posted on 11/01/2017 11:57

Actually, I always have had pity for those Londoners. Nothing on God's earth would be a big enough incentive for me to go and live and work there. But having said that, for most of us it's a good job that millions do!

JVB66 replied on 11/01/2017 12:24

Posted on 11/01/2017 09:47 by Kennine

A previous poster posted  Quote :-

"The United Kingdoms of :-

Not necessarily in that order but always LONDON first"  end quote..

Strangely enough, we who don't live in London just get on with our lives when difficulties occur. There is always a way round transport challenges as has been seen year after year.in the rest of the country. We can all adapt to a temporary break in routine  

Seemingly not in London.  

Cheers..................K

Posted on 11/01/2017 12:24

And of course those who do not live in London and who have visited London,must have been walking round with their eyes closed if they think that living and working in the Capital City is a no different from being in the "other" areas of country,when just one of the ,10 Terminal stations has nearly 100,000,000 passengers per year as there are not just one or two terminal stations as is the case in all other parts of the country wink

Navigateur replied on 11/01/2017 13:00

Posted on 11/01/2017 13:00

Indeed, LONDON is different from the rest of the country. If you asked me I would say it was stupid being that way, but many generations have chosen to live like that and lots of people now see it as "normal".

Ten Terminal Stations?  Any terminal station? Any station?  Any railway?  not here.   Oh, and most of the buses go to the town on either side, apart from the occasional random one that turns up with a destination further afield.

Any time I have been in LONDON I have shocked the locals I'm working with by WALKING to places.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook