Personal Toilet hygiene

Our house replied on 10/08/2017 08:30

Posted on 10/08/2017 08:30

After many site visits this year we are surprised and disgusted through our own obervations at how many people visiting site toilets  DO NOT WASH THEIR HANDS leaving their germs for all.

people who do NOT wash with soap and water are putting us all at risk.

These diseases include gastrointestinal infections, such as Salmonella, and respiratory infections, such as influenza. Washing your hands properly can help prevent the spread of the germs (like bacteria and viruses) that cause these diseases.

through this forum we want the club to put up notices to remind people 

what do you think?

replied on 10/08/2017 08:36

Posted on 10/08/2017 08:36

You can drive a horse to water but a pencil must be lead.

I see signs in CC blocks asking that you wash your hands. Some do and some don't comply

huskydog replied on 10/08/2017 08:39

Posted on 10/08/2017 08:39

yea, that's what we need ,more sign'sundecided, anyway  I don't use the site blocks ,so wouldn't know if people washed after or not

Whittakerr replied on 10/08/2017 08:44

Posted on 10/08/2017 08:44

Surly, a warden stationed in the toilet block could remind people of basic hygiene requirements but with todays technology cctv could be installed which could be monitored from the office and offenders reprimanded via a powerful intercom system.coollaughing

DavidKlyne replied on 10/08/2017 09:26

Posted on 10/08/2017 09:26

It's quite a common problem, not just on campsites. I expect it's all to do with how people were brought up. If they were taught as children to wash their hands they would tend to continue that into adulthood and also teach their own children. Perhaps what we should have is a disinfectant gel dispenser on the outside of the building so that once you have battled through all the germs on the inside and on the door handle you have a last line of defence?

David

JVB66 replied on 10/08/2017 09:31

Posted on 10/08/2017 09:26 by DavidKlyne

It's quite a common problem, not just on campsites. I expect it's all to do with how people were brought up. If they were taught as children to wash their hands they would tend to continue that into adulthood and also teach their own children. Perhaps what we should have is a disinfectant gel dispenser on the outside of the building so that once you have battled through all the germs on the inside and on the door handle you have a last line of defence?

David

Posted on 10/08/2017 09:31

Or carry your own gel as is now common practice by my OH when useing any "Public" toiletswink

RedKite replied on 10/08/2017 11:30

Posted on 10/08/2017 11:30

A common problem over here in France very few wash their hands and if some do it is soap then water, having done food hygiene course a few years ago it is water first and then the soap.

Yes there are notices in the toilet blocks but folk do not look at notices to busy to get back to their outfit.

We always have a gel wash with us either in the car or pocket especially over here as some places do not have soap dispensers.

Whittakerr replied on 10/08/2017 11:36

Posted on 10/08/2017 11:36

I seems there are a number of athletes in London at the moment that need to heed the washing hands notices.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook