Paypal scam warning

Cornersteady replied on 18/04/2016 20:55

Posted on 18/04/2016 20:55

just recieved the following email which is a scam as our account has not been blocked, just in case anyone else gets one, as always it had all the offical logos:

Dear PayPal Member,

It has come to our attention that your PayPal Billing Information records are out of date. That requires you to verify the Billing Information. Failure to verify your records will result in account suspension. click the link below and enter your login information on the following page to confirm your Billing Information records.. To verify your identity, kindly follow reference below and take the directions to instant activation.

DavidKlyne replied on 18/04/2016 21:00

Posted on 18/04/2016 21:00

Is not the key phrase "Dear PayPal Member"? If it were genuine it would be addressed to you by name. Even if it were I would still suggest that anyone goes to their website via a browser rather than following a link in an e-mail.

David

Cornersteady replied on 18/04/2016 21:03

Posted on 18/04/2016 21:03

Is not the key phrase "Dear PayPal Member"? If it were genuine it would be addressed to you by name. Even if it were I would still suggest that anyone goes to their website via a browser rather than following a link in an e-mail.

David

Yes good advice, also the sent to email was a general one not ours

milliehull replied on 18/04/2016 22:32

Posted on 18/04/2016 22:32

I have had quite a few of those in the past.  I emailed PayPal to alert them and they said that they always adress people by their name - not 'paypal user' and to never follow any links in an email. Only access your account via their official website and NEVER open the link in an email. There is an email address you can forward the spam emails to - spoof@paypal.com so that they can moniter them.

Fisherman replied on 19/04/2016 19:14

Posted on 19/04/2016 19:14

Got one also. Deleted User it quickly.

jeffcc replied on 19/04/2016 19:20

Posted on 19/04/2016 19:20

Absoluteley MillieHull Will people please forward all these suspect emails to spoof@paypal.com its the only way to reduce them and as you correctly state PayPal will address you by name!!  No Harm in forwarding just do not open any attachements or links!! P.S. I use paypal a lot for my business and they are very secure if you follow their instructions!!

Cornersteady replied on 19/04/2016 20:00

Posted on 19/04/2016 20:00

Absoluteley MillieHull Will people please forward all these suspect emails to spoof@paypal.com its the only way to reduce them and as you correctly state PayPal will address you by name!!  No Harm in forwarding just do not open any attachements or links!! P.S. I use paypal a lot for my business and they are very secure if you follow their instructions!!

thanks Millie and jeffcc, have done so

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook