One for DavidK

nelliethehooker replied on 30/11/2019 22:07

Posted on 30/11/2019 22:07

Found this on a FB group page that I'm a member of. I wonder if you've bumped into this chap?

"Latest news from my childhood home here in Midsomer county - a few years ago an unscrupulous local vicar began pressuring the long term tenants of church land within the village to give up their leases. The land was legally designated as being for charitable purposes and was used for grazing or allotments, but he wanted it for residential development and profit. After years of legal battles the vicar is now under investigation by the church, has suddenly resigned his post and has left his wife to elope to Milton Keynes with the church organist."

DavidKlyne replied on 30/11/2019 23:14

Posted on 30/11/2019 23:14

Nellie

I am not aware of the vicar in question but the reasons given for moving to MK has been replicated over the years by manywink Where I worked in MK, when it first opened, there were people from all over the country who in similar circumstances started a new life in MK but not their original partners!!! The thing about Milton Keynes is that whilst it is technically in Buckinghamshire it is a Unitary Authority so in many ways separate. This often extends to the the news from the surrounding area which unless it makes the local BBC News (ours in based in Cambridge) we often don't hear of things. Have you anymore details? One of the managers that worked for me trained to be a vicar when he retired, we still in touch so I could always ask if he has heard anything on the Clerical grapevine! 

David

nelliethehooker replied on 01/12/2019 19:08

Posted on 01/12/2019 19:08

I don't think I can find out any more as the FB page has no more details, it was just a post of associated interest to the FB group.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook