Ninja woodfire barbecue

Galen and Ruth replied on 04/07/2024 10:18

Posted on 04/07/2024 10:18

Just bought a ninja woodfire barbecue has anyone else got one and uses it on hookup?

Tinwheeler replied on 04/07/2024 10:44

Posted on 04/07/2024 10:44

I think they may vary by model.

1700w would draw about 7amps while a 2400w model would draw over 10amps by my calculation. Therefore, it depends very much on the amperage of the EHU supply and what other equipment may be in use at the same time.

mickysf replied on 04/07/2024 17:11

Posted on 04/07/2024 17:11

We have the non smoker version. Use it outside and in whilst on hookup and its never tripped. I do make sure little else is ‘ticking away in the background’ mind. There are quite a few programmes available and some will limit the wattage drawn. It’s a wonderful bit of kit but not a proper barbecue. The wood fire version is about as close as you can get I’m told. I have looked at them but Ninja say they must not be used inside, even when not in smoke mode, that I don’t understand and the reason I didn’t purchase one.

peedee replied on 05/07/2024 10:33

Posted on 05/07/2024 10:33

I did consider one but the size and weight put me off. I am also very much a traditionalist when it comes to BBQing and much prefer charcoal. It is the only way to get a really good BBQ flavour.

peedee

mickysf replied on 05/07/2024 20:34

Posted on 05/07/2024 10:33 by peedee

I did consider one but the size and weight put me off. I am also very much a traditionalist when it comes to BBQing and much prefer charcoal. It is the only way to get a really good BBQ flavour.

peedee

Posted on 05/07/2024 20:34

I totally agree there, both gas and electric so called BBQs are just outdoor cookers, nothing like charcoal or properly dried and seasoned wood fired ones, not they take the experience to a totally different level. However, the woodfire ninja is pretty much as close as you can get with its wood pellets supplying that smokiness of a real BBQ. Like you I found this model too big and bulky and, as previously mentioned, it cannot be used indoors. If it could have been I might have been tempted. I’ll stick with my trusty Cobb BBQ, never lets me down and you can add those hickory or apple wood chips etc for another dimension and level of taste.  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook