MK50

DavidKlyne replied on 28/01/2017 23:21

Posted on 28/01/2017 23:21

Some of you might know that Milton Keynes has just celebrated its 50th birthday, although building work only started in 1973 six years before we moved to MK. A local school has put together a video about Milton Keynes which I think is a nice way of celebrating the birthday. See here.

David

brue replied on 29/01/2017 11:10

Posted on 29/01/2017 11:10

I've never visited Milton Keynes but have stayed nearby, I remember all those roundabouts!

That was a good video, it was a huge change to the area. I wonder how future new towns will look?

HelenandTrevor replied on 29/01/2017 12:15

Posted on 29/01/2017 12:15

What a lovely video, David. โ˜บVery interesting.

I lived close to MK as a child and watched it grow from the start. Both our sons are living in MK currently  (although one is about to move to manchester ) so visit often. I will admit it has lots of facilities and green areas and lakes for a town. The roundabout's do drive me mad though. ๐Ÿ˜‚

Bakers2 replied on 29/01/2017 15:07

Posted on 29/01/2017 15:07

I enjoyed the video, thank you, a good school lesson covering lots of subjects too as a by product. I can remember talk of MK new town as I grew up but knew little as I wasn't interested at that time in listening or reading about it ๐Ÿ˜‰.

We visited a few years back staying at the C&CC run site at Gullivers Travels for a weekend. We enjoyed the area and said we'd return but haven't as yet, this has reminded me and rekindled thoughts of a return visit. Must see if C&CC still run the site, it was acceptable once we'd located it haha, certainly convenient for cycling and exploring straight from site, or alternatives.

peedee replied on 06/02/2017 08:27

Posted on 06/02/2017 08:27

Interesting video, learnt a few things about Mk I didn't know. No mention of concrete cows though!

Peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook