Magazine App for Android

Bogeyman replied on 26/08/2017 14:00

Posted on 26/08/2017 14:00

I've just downloaded the Club Magazine App for Android as I was intrigued by the extra content available via the app, especially the video to complement the North of Scotland feature. After a successful download I spent half an hour looking for any extra content before I gave up - can anyone point me in the right direction please?

replied on 26/08/2017 14:46

Posted on 26/08/2017 14:46

I downloaded the app out of interest probably 12 months ago. I got shut the same day. I think it is ridiculous that it is not simply available on the CC website also

SteveL replied on 26/08/2017 22:36

Posted on 26/08/2017 22:36

I access the App via an iPad. Using this there are large view video buttons on some of the photos. However, they only play the relevant CC site videos. Plus one for a CL.

Edit   Although having watched one, it is more about the area than the site.

see screen shot below.

Bogeyman replied on 26/08/2017 23:01

Posted on 26/08/2017 22:36 by SteveL

I access the App via an iPad. Using this there are large view video buttons on some of the photos. However, they only play the relevant CC site videos. Plus one for a CL.

Edit   Although having watched one, it is more about the area than the site.

see screen shot below.

Posted on 26/08/2017 23:01

There are two separate Apps, one for the sites and the other for the magazine. I never loaded the site one due to the poor reviews but I'd like to get the promised extra content the digital magazine offered, but it looks to me like a direct copy of the hard-copy version. I couldn't find any extra bits, hence my original post...

SteveL replied on 26/08/2017 23:33

Posted on 26/08/2017 23:01 by Bogeyman

There are two separate Apps, one for the sites and the other for the magazine. I never loaded the site one due to the poor reviews but I'd like to get the promised extra content the digital magazine offered, but it looks to me like a direct copy of the hard-copy version. I couldn't find any extra bits, hence my original post...

Posted on 26/08/2017 23:33

My reference to sites, just referred to the content of the videos.  The screenshot is from the magazine app and is of pages 26 and 27. If the view video buttons are not present on your device, I can only assume there is a problem with the Android version. Hopefully someone who uses it, rather than the Ipad version, will be along to comment shortly.

Bogeyman replied on 27/08/2017 10:45

Posted on 26/08/2017 23:33 by SteveL

My reference to sites, just referred to the content of the videos.  The screenshot is from the magazine app and is of pages 26 and 27. If the view video buttons are not present on your device, I can only assume there is a problem with the Android version. Hopefully someone who uses it, rather than the Ipad version, will be along to comment shortly.

Posted on 27/08/2017 10:45

Thank you SteveL.....

Having read your reply I went to pages 26 & 27 and after a very short delay the video buttons (as shown on your screen shot) suddenly appeared.

I had originally spent so much time looking for the video control on the wrong Scottish article - I was looking at the North Coast Route article on page 62....doh.

I look forward to viewing the video reviews of cars, caravans, motorhomes and Tail Light extras, so once again - thanks for your help!

brue replied on 29/08/2017 20:30

Posted on 29/08/2017 20:30

If you want to see the videos without downloading the app go down to the bottom of this page under "keep in touch" and click on the youtube link, then go to playlists.

philnjune replied on 04/09/2017 17:48

Posted on 04/09/2017 17:48

It would be nice if there was a kIndle version of the magazine app. Not that I could use it on-site. Android phone far too small to use.

peedee replied on 30/09/2017 07:29

Posted on 30/09/2017 07:29

I have been trying to read the latest magazine using my Android tablet. You would think once you have downloaded it you would be able to read it off line. Think again! You cannot even read it via the Club's WiFi. If the Club's aim is to reduce the circulation of printed copies they stand no chance.

peedee

replied on 30/09/2017 07:53

Posted on 30/09/2017 07:53

I might have occasionally used the PDF version for a particular item of interest. For me with regards to the App a waste of (storage) space

peedee replied on 30/09/2017 08:47

Posted on 30/09/2017 07:29 by peedee

I have been trying to read the latest magazine using my Android tablet. You would think once you have downloaded it you would be able to read it off line. Think again! You cannot even read it via the Club's WiFi. If the Club's aim is to reduce the circulation of printed copies they stand no chance.

peedee

Posted on 30/09/2017 08:47

Can another member verify this please. I can read older mags off line but not the current one. Perhaps I have a corrupt download because I also have page 109 of the current month's mag missing.

peedee

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook