Lonely old folks,

huskydog replied on 06/01/2017 21:15

Posted on 06/01/2017 21:15

Been chatting to some of my elderly customers today ,and they told me that this is the time of year they dread most ,the reason they told me was that the lead up to Christmas and over Christmas they have lots of visitors and people willing to shopping for them ,but once Christmas is over then it's back to normal as most are back to work  , so don't forget the elderly who live near us and perhaps if we have a "spare" box of choc's to drop round for them or even 15 minutes of our time to have a chat and cup of tea , they told me it's the long dark evenings that get to them the most 

Perhaps at the start of 2017 we could spare a few minutes for someone else ................

Wherenext replied on 06/01/2017 21:56

Posted on 06/01/2017 21:56

Great post Husky. We call on a couple of elderly people locally and it is always appreciated. They want to be independent but you have to realise that there are some things they can't do and are often reluctant to ask unless you ask them first.

Kennine replied on 07/01/2017 11:40

Posted on 07/01/2017 11:40

Good Post H/D  Concise, well written and straight to the point. Easily the nicest, most caring post on the forum this year. -- Well Done !

Cheers....................K

Tinwheeler replied on 07/01/2017 12:40

Posted on 06/01/2017 21:52 by brue

I agree, I agree, I agree.....wink

Posted on 07/01/2017 12:40

That post was definitely only showing once when I left the thread. It's been breeding overnight tongue-out

huskydog replied on 07/01/2017 13:04

Posted on 07/01/2017 13:04

It just struck me that some of my elderly customers just come in to have a chat ,because I might be the only point of contact they have for a week or to before their family visit .

An example today ,an elderly lady came and wanted a light bulb ,and then said she would have to sit in the dark ,because her son wasn't coming round until next Friday , I told her I would call in when I close and fit it for her, a small deed ,but a huge difference to the lady......

I'm not such a bad old Husky wink  

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook