London vehicle charges

Kennine replied on 23/10/2017 09:46

Posted on 23/10/2017 09:46

As of today London is wanting even more money to drive in the cIty using certain vehicles.  They are calling it a T Charge.  It won't make any difference to pollution (  their spin ) but  will make a lot of money for London. 

The only way to curb pollution in that highly polluted city is to ban fossil fuel vehicles entering the city centre.  People in London are being poisoned by emissions from petrol and diesel vehicles.  It's time that real action be taken by London.

K

huskydog replied on 23/10/2017 10:08

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:08

Another thread that makes a statement but offers no viable alternative ,do you drive a fossil fuel vehicle K ????

Milothedog replied on 23/10/2017 10:13

Posted on 23/10/2017 09:46 by Kennine

As of today London is wanting even more money to drive in the cIty using certain vehicles.  They are calling it a T Charge.  It won't make any difference to pollution (  their spin ) but  will make a lot of money for London. 

The only way to curb pollution in that highly polluted city is to ban fossil fuel vehicles entering the city centre.  People in London are being poisoned by emissions from petrol and diesel vehicles.  It's time that real action be taken by London.

K

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:13

"but will make a lot of money for London"

Not according to Mr Khan on the Beeb this morning. It' actually being run at an additional cost to London. 

JVB66 replied on 23/10/2017 10:16

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:16

This OP is the sort of comments from all opposition parties in any govenment all "great ideas" on how they could do it better but no sensible alternatives

Oneputt replied on 23/10/2017 10:32

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:32

OP has never been bothered about us Southerns before so why this post unless to create another of his famous argumentative threads.

Milothedog replied on 23/10/2017 10:34

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:34

It's all a big game.  Here's a true story from my working days.

About 10 - 15 years back. the then Mayor was facing a massive fine from the EU for not achieving the air quality target set at the time.

The answer was, and this is true, spray the the roads around the monitoring stations late at night with a sticky coating to trap and hold particulates as they settled late at night. the the same trucks would then sweep the roads very early next morning. Result = manipulated data to avoid the EU finesmile

Happy days,    

Oh and then there's the political back hander's  involing the new Hybrid Routemaster  to keep NI sweet, then there's the one about the Dome in 2000 and the Bendy buses.................

So much goes on that is not public knowledge,  

Navigateur replied on 23/10/2017 10:54

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:54

For those who will have to pay it will feel like something is being done.

Not many left to remember all the railings being cut down in the 1940s to help the War Effort. That they were in the main poor quality cast iron and got dumped in landfill as they were limited use in making steel didn't matter. The public could see something happening.

replied on 23/10/2017 10:57

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:57

As a driver I would not touch London with a barge pole. When not driving pretty much the same applies anyway.

Kennine replied on 23/10/2017 11:17

Posted on 23/10/2017 10:08 by huskydog

Another thread that makes a statement but offers no viable alternative ,do you drive a fossil fuel vehicle K ????

Posted on 23/10/2017 11:17

,do you drive a fossil fuel vehicle K ????

---------

Yes I do H/D. but out of respect for the poor Londoners I would never visit London with it.  ---- 

As I said earlier, a complete ban on such vehicles in the centre London is the only way to clean that city up. 

Run the trial for about 10 years, continually monitoring the London pollution levels and if successful, the experiment could then be rolled out to other large city centres.  

London is the ideal place to start. smile

cool

huskydog replied on 23/10/2017 11:27

Posted on 23/10/2017 11:27

K, just reading a piece online about polluted city's , you seemed very concerned about London and what they should do when Glasgow has a higher reading than London, so what are Glasgow doing about their issue ???????

London, parts per million=22

Glasgow, parts per million=23

JVB66 replied on 23/10/2017 11:56

Posted on 23/10/2017 11:17 by Kennine

,do you drive a fossil fuel vehicle K ????

---------

Yes I do H/D. but out of respect for the poor Londoners I would never visit London with it.  ---- 

As I said earlier, a complete ban on such vehicles in the centre London is the only way to clean that city up. 

Run the trial for about 10 years, continually monitoring the London pollution levels and if successful, the experiment could then be rolled out to other large city centres.  

London is the ideal place to start. smile

cool

Posted on 23/10/2017 11:56

Seems as if you have shot yourself in the foot again,as Glasgow has a higher polution scoresurprisedwink

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook