Knock on the door

pip the beast replied on 07/03/2017 10:57

Posted on 07/03/2017 10:57

Was woken up with a knocking on the door this morning at 4am, went to the door there was no one there. Surely if you are going to knock on someone's door at that time of day you are going to wait until it is answered. Anyway went back to bed. 

After breakfast oh was looking through the kitchen window when she said that the door knocker was twisted. Now it's only a guess but I'd say  it was it was someone who was trying to pinch the door knocker. 

Anyway took it off and straightened it best I could.

It seems that the thieving bas___rds really will try to pinch anything. 

ABM replied on 07/03/2017 23:10

Posted on 07/03/2017 23:10

Pip, if  anything  like  that  happens  at  my  place  I  open  the  bedroom  window  or  similar,  and  bawl  out  at  the  top  of  my  voice  !!  I  would  never,  never,  ever  open  the  door yell   !!

I  spent  too  many  years  doing  Emergency  Call-outs  24/7/365  and  noticing  the  'creatures'  out  there  in  the  dark  hours  !  And  I  have  no  reason  to  believe  things  have  improved  since  my  retirement.

Brian

redface replied on 08/03/2017 18:32

Posted on 08/03/2017 18:32

That's odd that you should say that Brian, the other day I got a ring on my doorbell, leapt out of bed in my birthday suit, and shouted out of the upstairs window.

It was at 11.30 am the bin men had called to replace my broken one.

Fortunately no risk to me personally and no shock to the bin men!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook