Kindle Trouble

brue replied on 16/05/2021 13:56

Posted on 16/05/2021 13:56

I'm away on holiday, I decided to download a book to my Kindle before we started off, all OK. Have now been on a couple of sites and the Kindle won't let me into the new download, even by signing into available Wi-Fi. The usual shut down designs on the device have vanished and I have a picture of a previous book on the front of the cover. Any ideas, is it me or the Kindle?! (all my old downloads are available to read.)

Bakers2 replied on 16/05/2021 14:09

Posted on 16/05/2021 14:09

Not sure but I had something similar and had to re-download the title.

I now use a tablet to read not my kindle so can't try. But I recall going to library or recent purchases??? Could it be on the cloud storage part??

I hope you can sort it most frustrating.

Edit I've just gone into my app library, does the title appear under 'all' but not under 'downloaded'? I seem to recall that being my issue.

brue replied on 16/05/2021 14:19

Posted on 16/05/2021 14:19

Thanks,  will have a look B2, it is quite strange, not had a problem previously and this download was more expensive! 

Bakers2 replied on 16/05/2021 15:57

Posted on 16/05/2021 15:57

Try buying it again. Then tell them and get a refund. I downloaded something by mistake and it was refunded, there was even a button to cover that!

moulesy replied on 16/05/2021 16:42

Posted on 16/05/2021 16:42

Have you another device on which you can log into your Amazon account? Then go to "manage my content" , click on the book involved, then "actions" and then "deliver" to your Kindle. 

Hope it works out, nothing more annoying, particularly if you've already started reading it!

Edit - will only work, of course, if you have "airplane mode" turned off and your Kindle connected to wifi. 

brue replied on 16/05/2021 19:06

Posted on 16/05/2021 19:06

Thanks both, will have another go!

Don't normally take the Kindle so it's a bit annoying, left a nice book at home too. 

Bakers2 replied on 16/05/2021 21:48

Posted on 16/05/2021 21:48

Another thought, I have/had 2 kindles plus the app on my phone and now my tablet. So I have to download to each, not an issue.

If you have your phone with you you could download the kindle app and then the book itself. Obviously smaller pages but I got used to it whilst working, saved carrying another device. In fact I think you can continually scroll up slowly rather than page turning.

Tech is brilliant and the concept of loads of books on one small device great until it doesn't do as you want!

Theres a great YouTube clip of someone given a book Using a book which always makes me chuckle . I feel his frustration 🤔

brue replied on 17/05/2021 10:09

Posted on 17/05/2021 10:09

I've had several goes at sorting it and looked up "how to" via my phone. It's strange as the book is there on my Kindle, but won't open up. Using the phone is a good idea but my eyes aren't as adjustable with a smaller screen etc. Oh well will try again later! 

Thanks.

Bakers2 replied on 17/05/2021 13:19

Posted on 17/05/2021 13:19

Brue you can make the screen larger on the phone but of course that limits the amount of text on the screen at a time 🤣.

Another idea have you tried deleting it on you kindle and reloading?

Sorry if you've already tried that!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook