Keswick Railway Cycle Path

Francis replied on 05/02/2017 16:12

Posted on 05/02/2017 16:12

Does anyone know if the old railway cycle path in Keswick is opwn yet. We are heading down there next week and wondered whether it is worth taking the bikes with us I know that route was closed after the floods. Any update or other cycle route suggestions are welcome. 

Thanks

Cornersteady replied on 05/02/2017 20:53

Posted on 05/02/2017 20:53

If its the one from the swimming pool going eastwards then I have people on it but perhaps only part of it? I would ring the tourist information room in the Moot Hall. Whinlatter has great cycle routes.

nelliethehooker replied on 05/02/2017 21:04

Posted on 05/02/2017 21:04

We were at Penrith in January and intended walking the length of the line but at least two of the bridges were still down and it didn't look as if they were intending starting work on them any time soon.

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook