Insomniacs?

replied on 11/01/2019 01:17

Posted on 11/01/2019 01:17

The user and all related content has been deleted

replied on 11/01/2019 06:43

Posted on 11/01/2019 06:43

If I go to bed I am usually asleep within a couple of mins. When I go to bed does vary a lot anytime between 9pm (rarely) to listen to radio or 12.30 ish. Usually up around 6 to 6.30

replied on 11/01/2019 08:07

Posted on 11/01/2019 08:07

cyberyacht replied on 11/01/2019 08:40

Posted on 11/01/2019 08:40

I nodded off through part of QT last night, so finally settled down just before midnight. Woke up at four and tossed about for a couple of hours before giving up and coming online around six. Starting to feel a bit frayed at the edges now.

Bakers2 replied on 11/01/2019 09:10

Posted on 11/01/2019 09:10

I generally have no trouble falling asleep but if I stir/wake in the night getting back to sleep isn't easy. I like audio books or radio4 series, no excitement or loud sounds, open country, living world, ramblings, they just follow on. As I miss most of them I never tire of them as when I do listen I catch different parts 😉. My OH suffers more like you too so you have my sympathy. The important thing is NOT to disturb the sleeping one 😂😂

brue replied on 11/01/2019 09:36

Posted on 11/01/2019 09:36

If my brain is really wound up with something I stay up till late watching TV or listening to music. Sports programmes sometimes put me to sleep, a commentary from a football match is the best. smile

I'm glad to hear you eventually got some sleep WTG, the winter nights seem a bit long just now.

DavidKlyne replied on 11/01/2019 13:26

Posted on 11/01/2019 13:26

Double Brandy maybewink

I am a bit of a night owl, rarely in bed before midnight.  My mind always seems more alive late in the day. The other side of that is that I rarely get up early, usually between 8-9.00am. I did read somewhere that insomniacs can't get to sleep because they spend too much time worrying that the can't get to sleep. I have been know to get up in the middle of the night and make a cup of tea which seems to work quite well. On the whole I have a reasonable sleep but usually not anywhere as long as the recommended 8 hours!

David

Wherenext replied on 11/01/2019 14:10

Posted on 11/01/2019 14:10

We have a problem here in Wherenextshire. I read until I literally start falling asleep, around 11pm but Mrs WN doesn't nod off most nights until 1a.m.ish. If she knows she's going to be awake she'll disappear to the spare bedroom. But we then have the opposite in the morning where I'm ready to bounce out of bed at 6/6.30 but she'll be able to sleep until 9/10 a.m.

Obviously we compromise. When I say "we" I really mean "she"embarassed.

If only we could both realign our body clocks by one hour closer to each other. BTW we don't seem to have the problem when in the caravan, mainly because of the exercise that we get during the day.

I must admit that I can often wake up after 3 hours sleep and have terrible trouble dropping off again. A barking fox woke me up the other night yet I slept through the New Year fireworks and have slept through thunderstorms in the caravan. Go figure.

ABM replied on 11/01/2019 14:50

Posted on 11/01/2019 14:50

I've  got  my  kindle  on  the  bedside  cabinet so  it's  a  couple  of  chapters  at  least  then  light &  kindle  switched  off  and  usually  only  woken  when  the  "Workers"  start  winding  up  their  cars  wink.

WN  ==>   Go   38 - 23- 35    --  Now  that's  some  figure  cool

replied on 11/01/2019 21:16

Posted on 11/01/2019 13:26 by DavidKlyne

Double Brandy maybewink

I am a bit of a night owl, rarely in bed before midnight.  My mind always seems more alive late in the day. The other side of that is that I rarely get up early, usually between 8-9.00am. I did read somewhere that insomniacs can't get to sleep because they spend too much time worrying that the can't get to sleep. I have been know to get up in the middle of the night and make a cup of tea which seems to work quite well. On the whole I have a reasonable sleep but usually not anywhere as long as the recommended 8 hours!

David

Posted on 11/01/2019 21:16

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook