How this section has reduced!

tigerfish replied on 04/04/2017 00:29

Posted on 04/04/2017 00:29

Time was when this "General" Section was one of the liveliest on CT.  But today the third thread was dated 3 days ago!  Oh dear!

TF

Metheven replied on 04/04/2017 08:32

Posted on 04/04/2017 08:32

There will always be posts, especially if like some who continuously threaten to leave also continuously return.

replied on 04/04/2017 09:20

Posted on 04/04/2017 09:20

Oh - No - They - Haven't! smile

Bakers2 replied on 04/04/2017 09:23

Posted on 04/04/2017 09:23

Definitely much less in the way of activity all round on CT. I think it's been declining since 'upgrade' I certainly don't find it as easy to post as I once did. My Kindle has become a read only device since and it was my 'go to' device. I'm using my android phone but not an easy way, I noticed recently on the snag list someone else unable to post on their different device. Yes I have raised my problem from the beginning on the snag list, on live chat, and via emails. Emails answered by email enquiry team and either misunderstanding what I said, then having it re-explained and request forward to IT Team, no response. 

I still check out posts several times a day. I always go in via latest activity page and at one time. Enjoy it was difficult to keep up, now it can be like watching paint dry 😉. Still enjoy actual trips and generally the assistance on here is great.

brue replied on 04/04/2017 09:56

Posted on 04/04/2017 09:56

1 It's the start of the holiday season so it will be quieter.

2 It's getting harder to think of interesting general discussions, we've had so many on here, new ideas needed.

3 It's open to the general public, not everyone likes to see everything on view.

4 The discussions about discussions seem to produce results and occur quite frequently

5 The web site isn't the easiest for some.

6 Are you asleep yet.....laughing

DavidKlyne replied on 04/04/2017 12:08

Posted on 04/04/2017 12:08

Is it perhaps because efforts in this section are mainly concentrated on one catch all discussion heading, What are you all up to? That seems to be very popular and friendly. 

David

EmilysDad replied on 04/04/2017 14:38

Posted on 04/04/2017 14:38

by the time you've scrolled all this way down the page, you've almost lost the will to live .......

A general chat section should be way way up the page .... and in the case of CT, some .... most of the other sections should be binned eg Ask the Expert

DavidKlyne replied on 04/04/2017 16:43

Posted on 04/04/2017 14:38 by EmilysDad

by the time you've scrolled all this way down the page, you've almost lost the will to live .......

A general chat section should be way way up the page .... and in the case of CT, some .... most of the other sections should be binned eg Ask the Expert

Posted on 04/04/2017 16:43

This was discussed years ago. Club Together is meant to be a club/hobby web forum and general chat is not its main function. We do have a Caravan and Motorhome Chat section which is right at the top of the listing.  It was realised that if the General Chat section was further up the forum listing, as it once was, it would shart to be used for on topic postings. I think people who want to use this section know perfectly well where it is? I suppose there is always debate on the worth on individual sections but these were rationalised not so long ago and over time no doubt that will be kept under review. The Ask the Expert section has its place, it's just unfortunate that it can't be locked between sessions. 

David

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook