How lucky i was

golly79 replied on 06/07/2017 19:44

Posted on 06/07/2017 19:44

On my way home after a trip to Banbury in Oxfordshire i saw 4 blokes stood on the bridge over the rail line , so i naturally turned round at the next round a bout and went back ,upon turning right i found my self at the OLD rail bridge , we got out (ME and Helen ) or the other way round , we stood at that bridge looking toward the direction of the station , after an hour and a half the Flying Scotsman came through , made my day , How lucky i was .

Spriddler replied on 07/07/2017 18:56

Posted on 07/07/2017 18:56

...after an hour and a half the Flying Scotsman came through ,

An hour and a half isn't that bad for British Rail. Goodness knows how long the 4 patient blokes had been waiting for it - 35 years maybe?

golly79 replied on 07/07/2017 21:23

Posted on 07/07/2017 21:23

it was only 8 minutes late , we were early to make sure we got a good view point , 

we did the same when we saw the Jacobite over Glenfinnan Viaduct ,we stood /sat in position from 8 am till 11am just to get the best view .

ABM replied on 23/07/2017 14:26

Posted on 23/07/2017 14:26

You  lot appear  to  have  the  same  idea  as  those  following  the  Tour de France  !!

Watching  it  t'other  day  I  saw  one  of  the  Coach-built  motor homes,  of  which  there  are  many  parked  up  roadside,  with  three  folks  on  the  roof,  two  sitting  and  one  standing.  He  was  playing  his  violin  with  a  music  stand  in  front  !!

What  the  other  two  were  doing  I  could  not  see,  but  it's  one  hell  of  a  way  to  practice  for  The Last  Night  of  the  Proms !!

I  can  now  just  imagine  Golly  on  top  of  the  Glenfinnan  Monument  doing  a  Fling  round  the  Statue surprised !!

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook