Government Communications

Bakers2 replied on 17/03/2017 10:56

Posted on 17/03/2017 10:56

Having a paperwork morning - again! Following receipt of next year's tax allowance. Because of various changes HMRC wrote to hubby 5 times last year with tax code amendments. First 3 were on 1 A4 sheet of paper printed on both sides. Last 2 are redesigned branding 😉 and contain 2 A4 sheets with printing on 2.5 pages.

Considering we are all encouraged to lessen our carbon footprint and consider the environment why doesn't it apply to ALL government departments too? The paperwork, as far as I can it contains the same info in a larger font, note that CAMC 😉, and larger spacing.

Wasteful?

Edit we actually have the same with the credit card bill - was double sided A4 sheet now 3 sides of A4.

DavidKlyne replied on 17/03/2017 12:01

Posted on 17/03/2017 12:01

I don't know about the HMRC but most credit card bills can be downloaded as .pdf files so no need for paper at all or you can at least print selectively from a .pdf file.

David

Bakers2 replied on 17/03/2017 12:12

Posted on 17/03/2017 12:12

I'm not sure about HMRC either being sent via email. I prefer paper statements as much easier to check. Our Virgin Media is online and I find that I don't check as thoroughly as paper statements because I don't find it that easy.

I'm really saying that compared to years ago the consumption of paper is vast. Computers generate more paper in offices that I've worked in! 

When I first received bills in my own right 40 or so years ago it arrived in an A5 envelope and was a sheet of A5 paper. Now the page size has doubled cos printing systems are designed to use A4 paper. Just seems very wasteful in a world with limited resources.  That said our community charge arrived this year without sheets of police and fire stuff, so that's one positive.

Pippah45 replied on 17/03/2017 15:36

Posted on 17/03/2017 15:36

I agree its easier to check on a paper statement although the waste seems a great shame.  I applaud those people who send emails and ask you to think twice before printing them.  At least if you print at home you can use up old paper and draft print them.  Waste really is a huge issue - and not just paper waste.  undecided

near Malvern Hills Club Campsite Member photo by Andrew Cole

Book a late escape

There's still availability at many popular UK Club campsites - find your perfect pitch today for a last minute trip!

Book now
Woman sitting in camping chair by Wastwater in the Lake District with her two dogs and picnic blanket

Follow us on Facebook

Follow the Caravan and Motorhome Club via our official Facebook page for latest news, holiday ideas, events, activities and special offers.

Photo of Wast Water, Lake District by Sue Peace
Visit Facebook